PDA

View Full Version : picking up child from there home

childminder54
13-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Ive had enquiry about picking and taking back 6month old child from there home which is 5 miles away from my house. what do you charge for picking up many thanks

veronicax

polobear1970
13-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Ive had enquiry about picking and taking back 6month old child from there home which is 5 miles away from my house. what do you charge for picking up many thanks

veronicax

I would charge for the hour before (time to get there) and time after ( time to get back home)

hope that helps

lisa

rickysmiths
13-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Sorry no advise on this. I won't do it on a regular basis only if there is an emergency to help out.

peanuts
13-07-2009, 07:59 AM
the money you would get from minding would just go on petrol, i wouldnt do it on a regular basis, they should be bringing child to you.

wendywu
13-07-2009, 08:10 AM
I f you did do it (and i would not) i would charge an extra 10 pounds a day just for all the hassle.:)

LeeAnn
13-07-2009, 08:10 AM
I would do it if it is only 5 miles, I would either have a set charge for (eg x amoutn of £s a day) or I owuld work out a price per mile

x x xx

childminder54
13-07-2009, 08:11 AM
she is moving to this area on her own working in hospital as surgeon she has no car and living on the road of hospital husband is staying in Bristol he has a 1year contract so she cannot bring to me...

veronicax

wendywu
13-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Its not only price per mile you have to think about. You have to turn out if you or your children feel ill. What happens if your car breaks down or it snows. Or if the child is ill you will have to run it home in the middle of the day.

Make sure the price you quote covers all the hassle that will come about in the end :panic:

rickysmiths
13-07-2009, 08:18 AM
she is moving to this area on her own working in hospital as surgeon she has no car and living on the road of hospital husband is staying in Bristol he has a 1year contract so she cannot bring to me...

veronicax

I think the main questions here are:

What will you do in bad weather if you can not collect or get out to take home?
What impact will this journey have on your other mindees, your children?
What happens if your car breaks down?
What will you do if you are half way there to deliver home and mum is held up in surgery?
Five miles is a long way to drive at the beginning an end of every day, personally I think it is a big ask on a regular basis. Does the mum just not have a car or does she not drive? How did she get to see you in the first place?

Sorry to play devils advocate. :blush:

wendywu
13-07-2009, 08:20 AM
You have the same sort of concerns as me Ricky:)

childminder54
13-07-2009, 08:39 AM
she has not yet seen me sent me a email and I rang here they are coming up from Bristol on Saturday to look at propery to rent my car is only 2years old and im in rac thats not saying it will not break down she is also looking for care from 8pm till 8am 3times a month and 2pm -10pm and 8.30am-6.00pm is the work times she knows what she is working a month in advance.

veronicax

rickysmiths
13-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Golly, with hours like those I definately would not do collect and drop off!
Especilly at 8pm and 10pm. Cold frosty nights, brrrrrr.

marian
13-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Would you be having other mindees as well?

if so what happens if they are being dropped off at your home and you are stuck in traffic?

I wouldn't do this as at the moment it would seriously effect my other children with their drop offs , the school run etc

But you must do what works for you.

Marian x

Chatterbox Childcare
13-07-2009, 09:01 AM
I would charge normal rate (double as discussed) and .20p per mile.

Pauline
13-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I will just move this to minding chat, Veronica. As this section is for information about the Forum :)

uf353432
13-07-2009, 06:43 PM
you could always phone a couple of taxi firms what the cost would be to make that journey and double it for your return journey. At least then if you every couldn't use your car, you could get a taxi and not be out of pocket and if the mum ever got a taxi to you - it would be the same price

Kelly
13-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I had a lo that I went out of my way to drop off/collect from nursery and occasionally drop off home (never collected) I really didn't mind, it really helped the mum out, I charged £5.00 each 2 way journey. Once a week I also travelled to collect the older daughter from school so I could increase my money by up to £15.00 per day, which I couldn't turn down.

If it works for you go for it.

Kelly

childminder54
14-07-2009, 02:23 PM
well i emailed them yesterday to find out what time they were looking for pick up from there house and spoke to the wife who said she would speak to her husband. well no reply sent another one today and said i cannot hold the place very lon. g as someone is looking for a place fibs plus ive just had someone give me 4 weeks notice as she has been made redundant for at least 4 months

i wish people would just say they are looking at other option's

veronicax