PDA

View Full Version : ideas for the garden

Moominmomma
11-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm beginning to improve my garden, i have a sandpit, water tray, bikes and other ride on's and a lovely new wooden play house.

I have my inspection this week and wanted some quick ideas to show that I am developing my outside space.

Also my mindee has only just turned one, I feel the garden is a bit limited for him. He is going through the stage where he eats anything, leave, stones etc. so any ideas on this also would be great!

Thanks

helenlc
11-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Good luck for your inpsection.

For the garden and with the 1 yr old in mind, how about tunnels, play tents, soft footballs to push/roll around, bubble machine, a tuff spot with some sand and chunky cars in it, bowl of water to splash in/with, tie some scarves/ribbons etc from trees (at a safe height not to pose a strangulation threat!) to blow in the wind.

Also look at the toys you have indoors and take some outside too.

You could do some painting in the garden too - tape some big strips of lining paper to the patio/decking and give LO paint or chalks or crayons etc.

As long as you keep his hands busy, hopefully he wont want to eat everything out there!!! Lol

nannymcflea
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
You can grow veggies in small planters, you don't need much room and the kids (and ofsted) love this...make some windchimes from recycling, old CD's etc...just use your outdoors as much as you can, take the chalk out, the pots and brushes full of water and let the kids "paint" everything.Make a den and read stories, do role play, take a ball pond out and let the balls go everywhere....then pick them up and sort colours.

Hope this helps.

Pipsqueak
11-07-2009, 09:34 PM
a little mud patch - even if its in a tray/planter or tub. not many kids get to play in mud nowadays and most love it.

I have just jazzed up my garden with some fab wheelie bin stickers (99p from the pound shop and The Works) - butterflys, birds and squirrels, the ones from the poundshop have numbers and letters in as well. I got some windmills and mobiles for outside and we made our own with cd's.

Brian made me a chalkboard (plyboard and a tin of paint) and attached it to the wall. he is going to put some guttering up for me so we can have a water run.

Kids have created a den for themselves.

Winnie
11-07-2009, 09:41 PM
try this
http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/84347

The Juggler
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
also, CD's or those lovely twirly things hanging around the garden. Little potted herbs to smell, windchimes for lovely noises - lots of sensory stuff.