PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide!!

venus89
11-07-2009, 04:00 PM
You may remember we painted a cardboard rocket at messy play and I decided I'd get one for the holidays as a project one week. The trouble is, they don't just do cardboard rockets. Do i want and igloo? A playhouse? A shed? And I am very very tempted with the fortress...... Can I buy them all?!

http://www.therecyclewarehouse.com/epages/es115204.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=1244635

FizzysFriends
11-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I like the pod and the igloo.

chewy sweets
11-07-2009, 04:05 PM
wow the fort looks cool. Go for that!:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
11-07-2009, 04:08 PM
They look really cool and I like the rocket and igloo - my kids would love them.

I got similar (and cheaper) ones from hobbycraft, but these ones are quite as big as your ones.

Roseolivia
11-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I've got the cardboard rocket and the kids love it. We're currently decorating it, we started gluing stuff on it but have discovered the bits on the floor (Rose pulling them off). Have decided to paint it because when it comes to storing it away all the bits are going to fall off. They are quite expensive and not as thick cardboard as i thought they would be (i broke some before i'd even put it all together). It's quite big as well so you need lots of room.

venus89
11-07-2009, 04:16 PM
They look really cool and I like the rocket and igloo - my kids would love them.

I got similar (and cheaper) ones from hobbycraft, but these ones are quite as big as your ones.

I don't suppose you bought themonline did you? I looked on their site just now and saw a convenience store and that's all......

venus89
11-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I've got the cardboard rocket and the kids love it. We're currently decorating it, we started gluing stuff on it but have discovered the bits on the floor (Rose pulling them off). Have decided to paint it because when it comes to storing it away all the bits are going to fall off. They are quite expensive and not as thick cardboard as i thought they would be (i broke some before i'd even put it all together). It's quite big as well so you need lots of room.

I think I would paint it too. The one at the children's centre got caught in the rain and melted but I think on the whole I'd go for outdoors.

My husband says I can't have one :crying: - he tells me 'you're not buying cardboard'. (This from the ma who always wants me to buy blackberries :rolleyes: ) so I have said if he can build me one I won't buy one......

youarewhatyoueat
11-07-2009, 04:20 PM
What did you have to go and show me those for!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the shed now!!! more money, oh well, i'm never going to get rich am I?

venus89
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
What did you have to go and show me those for!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the shed now!!! more money, oh well, i'm never going to get rich am I?

:laughing: Sorry. But they are so cool - and eco friendly too :D

Roseolivia
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I think I would paint it too. The one at the children's centre got caught in the rain and melted but I think on the whole I'd go for outdoors.

My husband says I can't have one :crying: - he tells me 'you're not buying cardboard'. (This from the ma who always wants me to buy blackberries :rolleyes: ) so I have said if he can build me one I won't buy one......

When mine came and i put it up my partner complained that i'd spent £30 on something he could of made. Guess what my answer was??????
Men!!!!!

Hebs
11-07-2009, 04:27 PM
oooh i want a pod :thumbsup:

are they very sturdy??

would be great for the kids in the summer to decorate and stuff

venus89
11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
The rocket we did at the Centre was certainly very sturdy.

miffy
11-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I like the igloo and the rocket :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

venus89
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
That settles it - I shall have to get one of each :laughing: (Might need a bigger house....)

Pipsqueak
11-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't suppose you bought themonline did you? I looked on their site just now and saw a convenience store and that's all......

No I got them in store. I have the shop and fort - ready and waiting 4 summer hols

venus89
11-07-2009, 04:46 PM
No I got them in store. I have the shop and fort - ready and waiting 4 summer hols

I might have to go and have a look - we've got one about 20 miles away - without hubby knowing of course!

georgie456
11-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I LOVE the pod! Definitely getting one of those!

mushpea
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
they look so cool but unfortunatly i know my older ones would just jump on it and ruin it, plus i do think they are a bit expensive for a bit of recycled cardboard, i would be tempeted to get a plastic wendy house insted then get some cardboard boxes to paint but maybe i am just mean

miffy
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM

I can't find the shop online. Can you tell me how much it was Pip?

Miffy xx

venus89
11-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I can't find the shop online. Can you tell me how much it was Pip?

Miffy xx

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=234233

This is the one I found......

venus89
11-07-2009, 07:54 PM
they look so cool but unfortunatly i know my older ones would just jump on it and ruin it, plus i do think they are a bit expensive for a bit of recycled cardboard, i would be tempeted to get a plastic wendy house insted then get some cardboard boxes to paint but maybe i am just mean

Yes they are expensive but the way I see it they'd spend at least half a day painting it, then a few days' playing in it. In theory you can put it down and then get it out again and again...... To me the cost is fine. But yes, it is just a piece of cardboard and if you were of a constructive mind you could easily make one yourself.

I want to start collecting smallish cardboard boxes. If I do that folding thing where you tuck the flaps into each other they could paint them to make bricks then use them to build their own castle/playhouse/whatever.....

miffy
11-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you :thumbsup:

Miffy xx