PDA

View Full Version : Emergency childcare

polkadots
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I am new to childminding and today had a phone call from someone to mind their 20 month old son on Monday, as a one off, as they have to go in to hospital for the day and have not got anyone to mind him.
They found my number on google.
Does this sound normal, and would others do it?
Do i have to get a formal ncma contract signed for the day, it seems such a waste, as they are not cheap?, or can i just get them to fill in child details forms and permission slips.
I just think it is a bit strange leaving child with complete stranger, first thing on monday morning, but he said it was because they had no choice.

Thanks

jaja
11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Ive had this happen before for a lady who had a job interview and had been let down at the last minute, ask for payment upfront and make sure you have all the details for child and parent and enjoy your day with little one... Maybe if she likes you she will continue to use you...

have fun

xx

sarah707
11-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I've done this before!

I use a temporary contract and a child information form that gives me basic information... then my standard permissions form.

I always get my day rate paid in CASH in advance.

Hth :D

Daftbat
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I've done this before!

I use a temporary contract and a child information form that gives me basic information... then my standard permissions form.

I always get my day rate paid in CASH in advance.

Hth :D

Same here:D

The Juggler
12-07-2009, 02:51 PM
I did 3 days like this, mum let down by pre-arranged minder. I just got her to sign permissions, fill in contact form, pay up front.