PDA

View Full Version : cheeky parents & terminating contract

Shirlwith3
11-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I care for 2 sisiters aged 4yrs & 8yrs they have a younger sister who a fellow childminder has, she also lives 5mins away from me any way, when I took on this family I said from Sept I wouldn't be able to have the girls as they go to another school to my daughter (have same times too) anyway that is another matter. When we signed contracts I agreed to take girls home when I was informed of what hours were needed every 2 weeks ( I am told the hours of childcare needed every 2wks) well recently dad has on dropping off has asked if I was able to take girls home that same day I have doen it a few times but now it is getting to be a regular thing thing is mum works 9 miles away & has to pass my house on the bus so why she can't get of by me & pick them up & walk them home I don't know, any way as I know their other minder we often talk about the family & this last minute asking we have now started say "No". The parents are really nice they have been great while I was off a few weeks ago with my MC, as was my friend who had the girls.

No the other matter with this family when I took on this family I said from Sept I wouldn't be able to have the girls as they go to another school to my daughter (have same times too)they were fine with this, well I don't think they have done any thing so I sent them a letter beininning fo the week say if they had found anyone yet as I have worked out how long the girls would have to wait for me at the end of the day which worked out to be between 20-30 mins as at my daughters school you are not aloowed to park outside the school for safety reasons so it would take me 5-10 mins to collect her & walk to school then get oterh children into car, fold pushchair too then drive down to school past another school where they all park along the road so you have trouble getting down the road beacsue of oncoming traffic, then find a parking space get everyone out again plus pushchair. Another reason for terminating contract alosbecasue of the school times but I have recent not had my MPV (waiting for a new engine) so if my car broke down again I wounldn't be able to get to them at all.
Now the parents have not said a thing to me yet about this, I have said my last day will be 21st Aug, whihc gives them plenty of time to find someone nearer to home.

Shirl

Pipsqueak
11-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Sounds like you have done all you can - given them a reminder letter and a final date. Its over to them. Perhaps you could also give them FIS number or even a couple of numbers of other minders who you think may be able to help??? Its up to them if they haven't been bothered to find care - although it may be worth reminding them that at this time of year (coming up Sept) that its a busy time as lots of people will be searching.

As for the taking children home, especially at short notice - fair do's saying no.

angeldelight
15-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Hows it going Shirl ?

Angel xx

Shirlwith3
16-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Hows it going Shirl ?

Angel xx

Have had a good week really was given Tue of as mum came home from work poorly with what I got, but the girls are back today they will be arriving in 40mins time, I will be glad when they finish in Aug as I so hate starting at 7am in the morning, thankfully it is not every day but most days I also finsh at 6.30pm too which is a reall pain with getting Isla her bath at night.

I am starting to panic abit about filling my spaces I have taken on one lady but at the mo it is for her job interviews & then a part when she gets a job, but I have another space from sept too for under 5 & not had a call for ages.

shirl

angeldelight
16-07-2009, 06:41 AM
Glad to hear you have had a good week

Hope you fill your spaces soon

Angel xx