PDA

View Full Version : inspection next week

Moominmomma
10-07-2009, 08:11 PM
first proper one, and I'm trying to keep calm and make sure everything the inspector will want to see is ready and complete!

I've been having a hard couple of months at home, so things have slipped in the paperwork department, so any check list, advice, someone to pretend they are me is welcome! :panic: :panic:

Debster
11-07-2009, 08:35 AM
first proper one, and I'm trying to keep calm and make sure everything the inspector will want to see is ready and complete!

I've been having a hard couple of months at home, so things have slipped in the paperwork department, so any check list, advice, someone to pretend they are me is welcome! :panic: :panic:

I know exactly how you feel but honestly once the inspector has arrive you will start to calm down and realise that is not that bad. my top things to do would be. I recommend you complete your SEF if you can

1.make sure you have relevant info on your mindees in particular permission to administer first aid and abot whom has parental responsibility for the child.

2. Make sure you safeguarding and complaints procedures are upto date and that you are aware of the procedures and information about who to contact is you think a child is being abused and what to do if you are accused.

3. Make sure you have a risk assessment for everything all outings including visiting other mindees homes basically every where you go.

4. Make sure your attendence records are upto date and signed.

5.Set out all your resourses to include inclusive and multiculural toys (my inspector asked to see mine)

6. Make sure you have seperate towels for hand washing( she checked his)

7. She also checked my fire practice log.

8. Get everything out that you want her to see sell yourself and don't forget to breathe.

I sat my inspector at my kitchen table then gave her stacks of folders and paperwork and went into the garden to play with the kids an left her to it . It took her 1.5hrs just to get through my paperwork by which time I was at ease.
Good Luck

sarah707
11-07-2009, 09:04 AM
There's a list of things to do for the Eyfs in the downloads section...

And Debster has given you some excellent suggestions there too!

At the end of the day most of the inspectors aren't coming to trip you up, so all you can do is your best.

Good luck! :D

sophiestars
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I agree with the ladies above. The inspection will be fine, they are just doing their job and aren't the enemy.

I would make sure you re-read all your policies and procedures as my inspector asked me questions on safeguarding as she said that policies can be downloaded or copied.

Remember handwashing and my inspector also loved anything that made the children feel inclusive in my setting eg choosing activities/snacks etc.

Most important try to get some of your sef done even if you don't finish it all - it will answer alot of her questions before she gets to you and you can fill it out in peace at home rather than being put on the spot with questions when she is there.

Also I put out more toys than I probably would normally. especially in the garden, just to keep the children occupied while she was here, and I chose things that would keep them interested but wouldn't need a huge amount of input from me just incase she had alot of questions. In the end she hardly asked me anything (it was all in the sef!) but I was still able to show lots of interaction with the children with the activities that were out.

Good luck and try to relax (easier said than done, I know!!) x

miffy
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Lots of good advice already so I just want to wish you good luck :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Moominmomma
12-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks for all the help and advice, Hubby has taken the kids out so, I'm getting sorted, or will be once I stop messing around on the internet!

Will the inspector look in my kitchen cupboards? I've sorted most of them but my baking one is a mess! :blush:

mrs c
13-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Sure you will be fine. Try to relax and it makes answering any questions easier. Good Luck :)