PDA

View Full Version : Traumatic Weekend

bubbly
19-02-2008, 07:28 AM
My 6 year old son slipped over on the landing on Sunday evening. His head hit the wall on a corner and he ended up with a huge bump and deep gash spurting blood :eek: . We bundled him off to hospital where the gash was cleaned and stitched. I kept him off school yesterday but he seemed ok (arguing with my 3 year old mindee etc :D )

However, I think I've been traumatised for life! :panic:
Kids, who'd have 'em? :laughing:

angeldelight
19-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Oh poor you hope he is feeling a bit better today ?

I know what you mean about kids though you could have a heart attack with them

Hope you are ok

Angel xx

crazybones
19-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Poor you and poor son. Hope you both feel better. :group hug:

Does anyone else find that they are fine and calm if a mindee hurts themselves and can deal with it sensibly but when it is one of your own you go to jelly and and cant remember any first aid and start to panic. (or is that just me?)

Annie x

emler
19-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Oh no poor wee soul. Sounds like he had a nasty one. Glad he seems to be feeling ok now though.

Emler x

Twinkles
19-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Poor you and poor son. Hope you both feel better. :group hug:

Does anyone else find that they are fine and calm if a mindee hurts themselves and can deal with it sensibly but when it is one of your own you go to jelly and and cant remember any first aid and start to panic. (or is that just me?)

Annie x

I'm very calm and bossy in an emergency....it's just afterwards I have a meltdown.
Bubbly, hope your son feels ok now.

LittleMissSparkles
19-02-2008, 08:19 AM
oh I hope he is ok Bubbly, you feel so helpless dont you xxx

deeb66
19-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Poor little mite!

I hope that you are both ok Bubbly!

Blaze
19-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm very calm and bossy in an emergency....it's just afterwards I have a meltdown.
Bubbly, hope your son feels ok now.

I'm exactly the same LOL!:laughing:

I hope your son heals asap! A bottle of wine should calm your nerves!:D
Tasha:)

sarah707
19-02-2008, 08:36 AM
I did that on a piece of barbed wire when I was young... still have the scar! Poor little man... it must have hurt! :(

ajs
19-02-2008, 08:38 AM
My 6 year old son slipped over on the landing on Sunday evening. His head hit the wall on a corner and he ended up with a huge bump and deep gash spurting blood :eek: . We bundled him off to hospital where the gash was cleaned and stitched. I kept him off school yesterday but he seemed ok (arguing with my 3 year old mindee etc :D )

However, I think I've been traumatised for life! :panic:
Kids, who'd have 'em? :laughing:

poor little mite i am sure he is loving the attention though

when sam's best friend hit him over the head with a corner of a video box when they were 3 there was blood everywhere and i was convinced i was going to see brain, i couldn't deal with it, i was in floods of tears my poor baby hurt by a nasty boy anyway of course there wasn't brain but there is still a lovely scar 14 years later xx

Spangles
19-02-2008, 08:52 AM
That must have been really scary.

Hope he's okay today.

x

anneriddington
19-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Im the same can cope with most of what life throws at me when I go out with mindees or when I take 20 brownies away for the weekend on pack holiday. Don't give it a second thought and love doing it but my 11 year old son is going to Paris in the summer with school for 2 whole nights - how will he cope -how will I cope:panic:
Does us good sometimes to experience the panic, worry and concern leaving our children in someone elses care and responsibility!:)

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Hope he is alright today.

Lorraine xx

Banana
19-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh dear!

Hope he is ok now, poor little thing

xx

miffy
19-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Hope he's feeling much better now

You'll be watching him like a hawk now in case he trips

Hope you've got over the trauma

Miffy xx

susi513
19-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Hope he's better soon. I know how you feel, I was really shaken up when DS had a trip to hospital last year after falling off his bike (no helmet on:mad:) off a skateboard ramp. We were on our way to park so fortunately we came by just after it happened. Had to half carry ds, carry mindee and get a mindee to push his bike to get us home and called dh home from work as too many mindees for car. DS broke his nose, injured his forehead top & bottom lips & gums, chin and that little bit between your nose & top lip. Big red bleeding stripe from hairline to neck.

So then we got the card from hospital about concussion so ds had time off school and then stayed in at playtime (with his friend who broke leg the day before!) and missed pe for ages.

berkschick
19-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I hope your son is feeling better soon.

jmoff
19-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Poor you ! Hope he gets better soon!

JAna x

Mollymop
19-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I hope he is feeling better todya

I remember a few weeks before Timmy broke up from school when he was 7 and he was busy playing in the garden in the pool and he ran into the kitchen and slipped, as his feet were wet and he gashed his head on the door step runner. Ouch! I took him to hospital but they said he would be ok.
I let him have the next day off school and when he went back he had some boy keep hitting him on the back of the head on the gash.
I complained to the school as he was sent to the medical room but they never gave me an incident/accident report. i was fuming. They did appologise, and the headteacher even rang to make sure everything was ok.

Kids hey? They worry you to death

chelle
19-02-2008, 12:32 PM
hi,im for ever telling my 4 year old to stop running or to stop doing this and that its like waiting for an accident to happen with her, there such a worry, hope he is on the mend.:)
love chelle.x

Rubybubbles
19-02-2008, 01:25 PM
hope he's feeling better and that your okay;)

ruby
19-02-2008, 03:24 PM
hope you and your son are both feeling better now

bubbly
19-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone. He's fine today.

Last time he slipped and bumped his head, social services stuck their unwanted noses in and I had a right old ding-dong with them. I had to get my son checked over for abuse by a doctor at the hospital and it was just horrible. My son's dad wasn't allowed in the house for 24 hours until he was cleared by the police, even though no one had done anything wrong! It was a simple accident. Even my church minister got involved telling social services my family are pillars of the community :) . My son has always been loved, wanted and well-cared for. I was paranoid it was going to happen again and was waiting for that phone call yesterday and today :panic:

At least I know the Safeguarding Children procedure :laughing:

tulip0803
19-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Hope you are both feeling better today. My son did the sam when he was 4 he reckons he is the real Harry Potter beacause of the scar on his forehead :laughing:. Scary at the time though.

Juliaxx