PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday and Thursday

Tippy Toes
10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Have you ever had odd days free for childminding and filled them?

I have Tuesday and Thursday free which I really need to fill but am thinking it is doubtful??

RainbowMum
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
All my mindees are one or 2 days only - some parents have arranged their work to fit the days I had because they wanted me over any one else. I have a full time space coming free in Sept, so far have signed one child for one day - looks like another wants just one half day, fate will provide!

Muffin
10-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I had a Monday and Thurs free a few years back. I was lucky and had a call from a parent that didn't mind which days as long as I could fit her child in for 2 days a week and grandma was going to do the 3rd day.
Fingers crossed that you get lucky too

grindal
10-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I have a new mindee starting in Sept for 4 days a week leaving me free on a Monday. I remain reasonably hopeful as when i started childminding last year all my initial enquiries were for one or two days - however, I suppose its S*** Law that nobody will want me for one day now!!

Jen4Kids
10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I began with filling a monday and thursday, then another wanted tuesday and wednesday - ive had fridays off since i started in march, but the mon/thurs mindee is leaving in sept. I wondered if id ever fill the friday when i had an enquiry for monday-friday term time then the next week an enquiry for monday, thursday and friday, so from september ill have both my spaces filled :clapping: :clapping:

Hang in, hopefully you'll get the call you need

mushpea
10-07-2009, 06:32 PM
i have 3 familys one comes mondays and wednesdays, one comes tue,wed, thur and another that fits around the others on a monday and thursday
if i take someon on on odd days or short days/hours then i just explain to them that if somone full time came along i would have to consider letting them go, know one has had a problem with this so far.

Tippy Toes
10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks to all your replies :)

I think ill try and stay positive and hopefully someone will want the days I have free!

:D

Chimps Childminding
10-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I have got the following

1 x Monday, Wednesday
1 x Tuesday, Thursday
1 x Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
1 x Monday, Thursday
1 x Tuesday, Wednesday, alternate Friday

So yes people do need odd days!!!!!:clapping:

Tippy Toes
11-07-2009, 10:30 PM
I have got the following

1 x Monday, Wednesday
1 x Tuesday, Thursday
1 x Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
1 x Monday, Thursday
1 x Tuesday, Wednesday, alternate Friday

So yes people do need odd days!!!!!:clapping:

Thanks Carolyn you have given me some hope x:jump for joy:

The Juggler
12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I have three boys on Friday only.

I had a boy and girl on Mon-Wed. Boy left, I then filled his space with 2 more girls on Monday and Wednesdays. Then 2 of my Friday boys needed a place on tuesdays too.

I now have 6 children over 4 days each week - so you can do it.

madasahatter
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I would consider quickly contacting local preschools/school nurseries to see if you can do a leaflet handout or put up a poster. Parents who have children in part time care already with other providers can often be useful for filling in any gaps you have.
I have found that lots of parents feel guilty in using grandparents to provide wrap-around care, but don't realise that childminders can accomodate them.
I would always put something on my posters/leaflets about childcare tax credits and childcare voucher schemes.
Make sure you state on anything you give out when and what times you have the vacancies eg.
Tuesdays, 1 place available
Thursdays, 2 places available

Tippy Toes
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I would consider quickly contacting local preschools/school nurseries to see if you can do a leaflet handout or put up a poster. Parents who have children in part time care already with other providers can often be useful for filling in any gaps you have.
I have found that lots of parents feel guilty in using grandparents to provide wrap-around care, but don't realise that childminders can accomodate them.
I would always put something on my posters/leaflets about childcare tax credits and childcare voucher schemes.
Make sure you state on anything you give out when and what times you have the vacancies eg.
Tuesdays, 1 place available
Thursdays, 2 places available

Thank you very much madasahatter, this is a v good idea and i will be giving it a try.

Thanks again for you help. :clapping: