View Full Version : Moving house RA help!!? please

10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Well we are moving at the end of July and need to be sorted with new certificate etc for the new house by 24 Aug if my one remaining mindee comes with me - 5 leaving for various reasons.

I need to write to Ofsted and send a RA of house and garden etc. Can someone help me get my head round it. I do know what they mean but my brain is fried with it all at the moment and you lot get me back on track.
Which things do I need to focus on.

Should I draw a floor map to show safety gates, smoke alarms etc - is that the sort of stuff that I need to include?
Being a farm i think I would have to be extra careful.
Thanks x

10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
when i moved i risk assesed each room individually as we swapped house i was able to view more than once to check different things
as most of the fittings and furniture will be yours anyway they should be safe to use make sure you tell them you need the certificate for a specific date as they are very good about it (where with mine )

10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm (hopefully) going to be doing this soon too. Let us know how you get on, good luck with your move.

10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
I moved last month, I sent off a standard risk assessment you are welcome to a copy of it if you would like. I had a call to say they had recieved it and had my new certificate in just over a week.