PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE BEEN TO EGYPT..........................

LOOPYLISA
10-07-2009, 12:47 PM
We are looking at going this xmas/new year

Sharm Al sheik, think thats how you spell it :laughing: :laughing:

Just wondered how long the flight is, what the foods like , although we would be going AI,

Thanks peeps x

deeb66
10-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I went to Sharm in December 2007 and have to say that I hated it and have vowed never to go back.

BUT

There are other people on here who loved it and think it fantastic and go back quite a lot so I really do think it is down to the individual.

I am sure you will have a fab time :thumbsup:

Dee
xxx

deeb66
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry - left off details

Flight is around 5 hours and we went All inclusive too..

Dee
xx

LOOPYLISA
10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Thankyou deb :thumbsup:

I want the good and bad, im not convinced yet :rolleyes:

sarah707
10-07-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm sure it's DebbieS26 who loves it there!

You could drop her a pm :D

Chatterbox Childcare
10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Just seen the thread

I go in February but to be truthful wouldn't think of it at xmas or new year as it would be tooooooooooooooooooo cold for me. It is winter then. Feb is 25 degrees ish and a slight wind and that is the coldest I will go.

Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

As to accomodation and AI food - look at the sites for the hotels and go 5 star if you can.

flights 5 hours one way and 5.5 the other - tail winds! and don't go Thomas Cook as they are lousy in food and seats are too squashed together.

custardcream
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
we have an apartment there and love it.

we go for 3 weeks on monday and are there for xmas and new year again.
It is still warm enough to sunbathe at xmas but you do get quite a chilly breeze sometimes. The evening can be a bit chilly at xmas, you may need to wear trousers and a cardigan.

The flight is between 5 - 6 hours.

Hope this helps.

LOOPYLISA
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

We usually go to the canaries xmas and new year and its usually around 20-25' so that would be fine ie- weather :thumbsup:

Just fancied a change this year, we will see :D

Watch this space :thumbsup:

wendywu
10-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Hawai is supposed to have lovely weather at christmas. Or so my DD keeps telling me :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
10-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Hawai is supposed to have lovely weather at christmas. Or so my DD keeps telling me :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That would be nice :D

Hebs
10-07-2009, 04:16 PM
:thumbsup: join us in Jan

Hebs
12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
we go on the 11th Jan ( 6 months tomorrow wooohooo)

it will be around 25 degrees during the day so like a hot summers day here
it will feel chilly at night so light jackets needed but this has its plus points as it means you sleep better.

We went in march and had the desert winds which were very chilly even during the day!!!

we went all inclusive and the food was great, people the friendliest in the world, was NEVER hasselled in the shops (and i was on my own with my kids)

go hun you'll love it :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
we go on the 11th Jan ( 6 months tomorrow wooohooo)

it will be around 25 degrees during the day so like a hot summers day here
it will feel chilly at night so light jackets needed but this has its plus points as it means you sleep better.

We went in march and had the desert winds which were very chilly even during the day!!!

we went all inclusive and the food was great, people the friendliest in the world, was NEVER hasselled in the shops (and i was on my own with my kids)

go hun you'll love it :thumbsup:

Thanks hun :thumbsup: , really need to make our minds up soon, we always leave it till the last minuite :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
06-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Think we are gona give egypt a miss this xmas, will go later in the year,

Had some more advice and been looking on the net lots, we don't think dec/jan will be warm enough,

Our friend is a flight attendent on ba, and uses the red sea holiday village as a base with the reps etc and he agreed its sunny 11-4 and very chilly evenings

Thanks for all the advice though :thumbsup: x

Hebs
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
ah you don't know what your missing out on :laughing:

we cant wait to go :thumbsup:

Sally G
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi i went with the family (hubby, girls aged 4 adn 1) to sharm it was ok - good and easy for the kids buffet 24/7 free icecreams etc but we could have been anywhere in the world a we were incouraged to not leave the resort - we did and were hassled loads! we would go back but purely for the heat, short flight - about 4 hours from gatwick and the ease for the kids eatng etc but not if we were kid free not ebough t o do - good luck

deeb66
06-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Think we are gona give egypt a miss this xmas, will go later in the year,

Had some more advice and been looking on the net lots, we don't think dec/jan will be warm enough,

Our friend is a flight attendent on ba, and uses the red sea holiday village as a base with the reps etc and he agreed its sunny 11-4 and very chilly evenings

Thanks for all the advice though :thumbsup: x

I went in December (2007) and found it plenty warm enough.

Yes it was windy during the day but then it is their winter. I still came home with a sun tan and actually enjoyed being able to lay out on the beach or by the pool without having to be under the shade or getting too hot.

Yes it was cooler in the evenings but I also think that made it pleasant too as we were comfortable and not melting!

I just didn't like Eygpt itself.....I think it was because I went to the wrong place - if I had gone to Hurghada then I think we would have had a better time but we went to Sharm El Sheik which I really didn't like.

If I was looking at a winter holiday again I definately wouldn't go back to Sharm but would consider Hurghada.

Dee
xx