PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Ofsted after pre-reg visit

IamJen
09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I can call them in the morning, but I'm always on hold *forever* and well, I don't have a good track record with getting help over the phone with them. So, I'm hoping y'all might have some ideas about what this letter means.

It says that I agreed to take some actions after the Inspector came

1 is to finish my FA course..doing that this weekend

The other two both say:
"take action as specified in the early years section of the report (suitable people, safeguarding and promoting children's welfare, Organisation)"

The trouble is that it doesn't say *what* the action is. One is dated to be completed by 19 Aug, the other by 12 Aug.

When the Inspector was here, we talked about 4 different things:

First Aid Course
ICP Course (booked in for the beginning of September)
My partner's CRB form (sent in earlier this week)
misc. safety issues around house (moving alcohol from fridge, and a couple of locks for knife drawer/cleaning supplies)

There are two copies of the "actions required" list; one has a section for me to indicate how I've completed the actions and then return it to Ofsted.

So, any clues before I call Ofsted?

Thanks for any tips!

sarah707
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
suitable people is your CRB checks;

welfare is your first aid course plus moving things around to safeguard the children I would imagine;

Organisation will be your Icp course I think unless she mentioned anything about putting paperwork in place.

hth :D

IamJen
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I called today, and they said (even checked "on the computer", whatever that means) that it was the same thing on there 3 times, for the different registers.

:cool: She said that it was poorly worded, but that taking care of my FA course was all that the letter was about.

So, cool then. :D