PDA

View Full Version : good practice if worried about swine flu in your setting

ajs
09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
as the title says
i have been advised to ask every person to antibac their hands on entering my home.
regardless of age they can use the anti bac gel
so i am off tomorrow to buy another few pots and will recommend noone enters without using it.

Mollymop
09-07-2009, 08:14 PM
We have lots of cases arising now. So i am going to do the same.

I know people would say - "Swine flu is not as bad as once thought" but I have had flu once in my life and I wouldn't want it again.
I am trying to drum it into my children to wash their hands before touching their mouths/eating etc, but they are forgetting.

One child who has been confirmed as having swine flu was in my son's class, I found this out today. I really don't want my kids/anyone I care about, catching the flu, it is spreading quickly.

We went shopping a Tesco this evening - if there is going to a place, anywhere on the planet to catch swine flu, it is going to be Tesco!!! So the first thing we did when we got home was wash our hands. I don't want to scare my children, but I want to concern them enough so they don't forget to wash their hands frequently

Thanks Mandy xx

breezy
09-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Thats a good idea, hadn't thought of that, thanks.

Should we disinfect toys? baby i have is in hospital with swine flu suspected, had him monday and everyone been playing with toys since as gp said it was tonsillitus at first :(

ajs
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
i suppose if children have been in contact or actually do have swine flu then it would be good practice to disinfect toys too.
just lets not get too hung about it all just yet

breezy
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
i suppose if children have been in contact or actually do have swine flu then it would be good practice to disinfect toys too.
just lets not get too hung about it all just yet

thats the thing, i'm aware i need to protect the childrn, but I dont want to get paranoid about it all!

Trouble
09-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey ajs

i was thinking of you yesterday i saw a car reg that said

A50 AJS

i was smiling to myself and my friend asked why i was smiling:D

ajs
09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey ajs

i was thinking of you yesterday i saw a car reg that said

A50 AJS

i was smiling to myself and my friend asked why i was smiling:D

omg i want it

ajs
09-07-2009, 08:38 PM
thats the thing, i'm aware i need to protect the childrn, but I dont want to get paranoid about it all!

i agree and i am trying very hard to stay calm about it.

miffy
10-07-2009, 07:14 AM
omg i want it

You aren't 50 yet are you?????? :eek:

Miffy xx

miffy
10-07-2009, 07:14 AM
as the title says
i have been advised to ask every person to antibac their hands on entering my home.
regardless of age they can use the anti bac gel
so i am off tomorrow to buy another few pots and will recommend noone enters without using it.

Who advised you to do this Mandy?

Miffy xx

Twinkles
10-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I must admit I stocked up on tissues , anti bac gell and anti bac spray when all this started ( looks like a chemist in my store cupboard :laughing: )

miffy
10-07-2009, 07:19 AM
I must admit I stocked up on tissues , anti bac gell and anti bac spray when all this started ( looks like a chemist in my store cupboard :laughing: )

I know where to come when there's a national shortage then!!!!! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Twinkles
10-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I know where to come when there's a national shortage then!!!!! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Yes , you'll know who's to blame too :laughing:

Saranotts
10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Good idea, think I will go and get some. I hadn't been too worried about it all and had in a way wanted to get it and get it over with iyswim but am frightened of passing in onto the gentleman I look after at night, as for him it would more than likely be fatal.

Its just trying to get parents to take it seriously and not do their normal of sending the children full of calpol and pretending they aren't poorly!

Sara

sarahlou
10-07-2009, 11:02 AM
husband jusr phoned he works away and says he feels relly ill, very hot, head hurts blah blah. Told him not to come home if he is ill - just in case. It is more likely to be man flu than swine flu lol:laughing:

Twinkles
10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
My son got back from Mexico last week after being on holiday there for a couple of weeks. He got a call from his office when he got back to ask him not to go in for a few days in case he started showing signs of it :rolleyes: