PDA

View Full Version : my holidays & sickness

Helen79
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I've just checked through my registered & counted how many days I've had off sick since January, I've had 6 sick days off already!

Just wondering how many sick days other people have taken?

I thought 6 days was quite a lot & feel quite :blush:
Most of them have been for when my children have been ill, think I've only taken 1 off for being ill myself.

Also I was wondering if you don't work bank holidays do you take this off your amount of annual holiday you have or do you just count it as a day off rather than holiday?

wendywu
09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I count Bank Holidays as just another day off. I dont work but do get paid. But i dont get paid holiday.

In the 12 years minding i have never had a day off sick. I have had one day off last Dec when i ended up in hospital for a blood transfusion. But i was back to work the next day.:)

Angela234
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I haven't had a day off sick in 6 years

I don't work or charge for Bank holidays and don't count them in my holidays

cabby
09-07-2009, 09:29 PM
in 7 years ive had, 3 days off about 18months ago with a severe kidney infection, before that was about 4 years ago, i had 5 days(including weekend) with REAL flu, i physically could not get out of bed, :panic:

rickysmiths
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
In 15 years I don't know how much time off sick but very little. In the last five years I've had 5 days 3 last autumn with flu, first time I'd had flu in 19yrs!
This spring 2 days with a tummy bug but the mindees were off before me with it. :eek:

I don't charge for my time off sick.

I do charge for 5 weeks holiday per year.
I do charge for all Bank Holidays if they fall on a contracted day, I am happy to work but I've been asked once in 15yrs and I had a mindee on boxing day!

Hebs
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
i've had 1 day off for sickness since being registered, that was 4 weeks ago when my son vommitted all over during the night and it stunk and needed to get it cleaned properly, but as it was due to a food allergy and not a virus i was minding again the following day

gigglinggoblin
09-07-2009, 10:04 PM
I have had 2 days off as my little boy was in hospital. I feel awful telling the parent, do I just need to harden up?

Helen79
09-07-2009, 10:32 PM
gosh I look like a total lightweight :panic:

This week I've still worked even though dd has been ill with suspected slapped cheek disease. I've felt so guilty working when all she's wanted to is snuggle on the sofa with me :(

Roseolivia
10-07-2009, 07:21 AM
I've had 1 day in the last 2 years and that's only because i had s&d. Was so ill even partner had to have a day off work to look after Rose as i couldn't get out of bed. Even when Rose had chickenpox i still worked.

Daftbat
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
I have had three days off this year with a chest infection. It really threw my customers as in the last nine years i had only had two days off otherwise.

I am a firm believer that we are amongst the healthiest people in the world since our imune system is pumped up from all the children around us and we are constantly washing our hands which i honestly believe prevents illness. When i worked in an office i was constantly feeling unwell as a result of air conditioning and shaking customers hands etc.

tinkerbelle
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
i have had one day off ill in 5 and a half years im lucky though as my sister takes my kids if they are ill so i can still work

Chatterbox Childcare
10-07-2009, 08:28 AM
I have had 5 days off when I had my baby, another 5 for an emergency operation covered by assistants (I was on the premises), childminders and planned leave

Since 1994 I haven't had a days sick. I usually find that if I am not well I know about the warning signs and go to bed at 7pm and I can normally hang out until friday to do it

Our own children being ill is different but mine are older.

Just make sure that you have good back up and if you are not letting the parents down they won't think twice if you need time off.

Helen79
10-07-2009, 01:05 PM
All the parents have been understanding with the time off, as their children have usually had the same illness too & also had days off sick in the same week.