PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to say

clare78
09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
i have not long joined childcare.co.uk i was wanting to email a parent as all they say is after school care wanted. was wondering if anyone else has emailed a parent.
i am not sure on what to write

any ideas would be really helpful

clare:blush: :blush: :blush:

Louise_Oaktree
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi

I have and had a reply but I was out of their area. I am not sure the miles from your postcode is very accurate, may be as the crow flies but they don't always state what area they are in...i.e. they just say the town or city which can be quite widespread. Got a lovely reply though, I just said that I had seen her ad and had a place available, told her the usual blurb about me and pointed her to my website.

Minstrel
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes i have.
I just put something along the lines of....

hi i'm a childminder in xxxxx and I have vacancies for after school care at the moment. I hope I can be of help to you, please reply if you need any more information.

Amanda xx

Richard
10-07-2009, 09:08 AM
We get a lot of Childminders contacting parents and many have great success in filling vacancies this way.

My advice to you would be to sell yourselves well. Registered Childminders are extremely well qualified and to be registered takes a lot of hard work and dedication.

Many parents don't realise the extent to which Childminders must be qualified or registered.

I would always stress the fact that you are registered with Ofsted, CSSIW or the Care Commission. Make the message friendly and include your telephone number too.

Something like this would be might work well:

Hi

My name is xxxxxxxxx and I am an Ofsted Registered Childminder in xxxx.

I noticed from your profile that you are looking for childcare and hope you don't mind me contacting you to let you know a little bit more about me.

I have been a Registered Childminder for x years [and a parent myself with x children, Fred aged 2 and Bob aged 7 etc.]. I live in xxxx.

To become a Registered Childminder I have been on numerous courses and have a diploma in home based childcare as well as a certificate in Pediatric First Aid.

I have an enhanced CRB (criminal record check) disclosure and am inspected by Ofsted regularly. I can send you details of my Ofsted inspection report on request.

If you would like further information then please either reply or give me a call anytime on xxxxxx.

Best wishes

Your name

Bazza
10-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Dont be worried about contacting people through sites like this. People post their details expecting to be contacted.

Above all be honest and sincere in what you say and dont forget to add your link/contact details!

I regularly contact people through it and find that they either ignore the message (no big deal, move on to the next) or they come back to me and are grateful of the info i provide.

I tend to have a small intro message saved that i copy and paste and edit to the required details so it is a little more personal.

TheBTeam
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Just to let you know, i heard yesterday about a lady who chose her childminder because the childminder answered her request on childcare.co.uk and so it is probably worth a go!

I have replied to a couple who wanted childminders from a nearby town to me, both said i was too far out for where they would then have to travel to work, but both were very friendly in their replies and grateful for my trouble to contact them.

Give it a go!

miffy
10-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd say give it a go - you've got nothing to lose and you might get some work!

Good luck

Miffy xx

Tatjana
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I've replied to a few but sadly hardly anyone replied:(

Give it a go, you've nothing to lose....and might gain a mindee!

xx

clelmt
11-07-2009, 10:35 AM
thanks for all your replys

i took your advice and emailed a few people i had one reply back and they are hopefully coming today. anytime between 11am and 3pm.

hope they come so nerve racking sitting waiting
i hate doing the meetings but love looking after the children.

Minstrel
13-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I've replied to a few but sadly hardly anyone replied:(

Give it a go, you've nothing to lose....and might gain a mindee!

xx

I have found this too.

I personally find it really rude. How long does it take to bash out a reply even if it's thanks but no thanks.

Tatjana
13-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I have found this too.

I personally find it really rude. How long does it take to bash out a reply even if it's thanks but no thanks.

Yes I agree, I think it's very rude, after all we are taking the time to respond to them!

xx

clelmt
13-07-2009, 08:41 PM
well i sat and waited the parents to come and no show, no phone call no email nothing.

really disapointed it takes nothing to send a email or a text even.

never mind better luck next time hopefully someone else will phone soon

Adiamond
13-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi, I got my first mindee from childcare :) x x x