PDA

View Full Version : Now a network childminder

MissTinkerbell
09-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Well had my final assessment today and passed so am now a member of my local childminding network.

We also discussed accreditation and she said normally they like childminders to be a member of the network for 12 months before taking on becoming accredited but because of my teaching background she said we could have it done by Sept. However because I won't have any children that fall in the funded category I've decided not to go for it just yet.

Kes
09-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Well done.:clapping:

georgie456
09-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Well done :clapping: - I've only just started mine :(

sarah707
09-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Great news! :jump for joy:

Helen Dempster
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Well done you! :clapping: This is something I've been mulling over - should I, shouldn't I etc. Was there alot of work involved, did you have lots of assessments/inspections blah blah? Is it something you would recommend (I've been registered since July 07)

H x

MissTinkerbell
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Well done you! :clapping: This is something I've been mulling over - should I, shouldn't I etc. Was there alot of work involved, did you have lots of assessments/inspections blah blah? Is it something you would recommend (I've been registered since July 07)

H x

I don't know if it varies from network to network but they emailed me an assessment form to fill in (very similar to the SEF) and there was evidence (policies, parent info forms, etc) that I also needed to provide. The network co-ordinator came to see me and went through the form. She them came back to see me when I was minding and that was about it.

I think I have to commit to about 18 hours of training a year and am then monitoed every 6-8 weeks to check I'm meeting the network criteria. We also have network meetings every month which you can go to if you want. Not sure of the format of those as I haven't been to any yet.

Polly2
10-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Thats great congrats :clapping:

TheBTeam
10-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I have been considering becoming accredited for a number of years, the problem initially was no network in our area and no funding to get one started.

The latest is now a set of criteria and the requirement to meet is to meet at our local childrens centre, this is what is putting me off, this is now our network, but they are to say the least rubbish, have no idea of the realities of being childminder and most definitely are not equipped to support you in the accreditation, so i have decided until changes are made i will forego being able to offer the funded education places, which is a shame, but without any support i don't feel that i want to pursue it yet.

A very supportive network in a nearby district has now been disbanded which is a shame.

Well done you on joining a network, around here that just means that you turn up to a childrens centre childminder meeting, which are supposed to be termly, but they just haven't bothered this term, so we managed two meetings and it has ground to a halt, one of the meetings was just to let people look at each others learning journeys for the children!

Muffin
10-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Well done.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Well done

Another string to your bow.

I would get accredited as you never know what is around the corner.

manjay
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Well done you:thumbsup:

I have very nearly completed my Network joining process. All the paperwork is done and assessed I just need an observation visit. Then I will go that little bit further to become accredited. For me it is all about training as unless you belong there is very little training going on. I also live in a very rural area and so this is the best way for me to meet others.

childmind04
10-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Well done :clapping:

Hopefully I will find out on Monday if myself and another cm have done enough to get our network accredited, if by any chance you get asked to set one up say NO :panic: , it has been a nightmare compared to jioning the network which was already set up, but do join if its already up and running as now its not much more than your normal eyfs :)