PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

aly
09-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes I know i'm early lol but hada little thought earlier.

At the mo I have no holidays booked..{only had a week in may} and this will be my first xmas whilst minding. SO how do you work out pay for it?

I charge full for mindees absense but nothing for mine....btu how would xmas work? I havent thought what hols I'll be workignyet as Si has just started new shifts in his job so not even sure what hols he will get over xmas period.

thanks

miffy
09-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I had the full two weeks of the school holidays off last year - it was so nice to relax I'm thinking of doing the same again this year. I didn't charge anyone anything not even Bank Holidays.

Miffy xx

Andrea08
09-07-2009, 04:01 PM
ok i have contract that states; x4 weeks a year for me and or family to have as holidays with half fees and im closed for x2 weeks at xmas again at half fees except the bank holidays as they are full fees,

hope that helps

Mollymop
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I booked off the 2 weeks over xmas last year and have booked them off for this year as well. I don't charge for my holidays though, not even bank holidays.

nannymcflea
09-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I always take the whole of the Christmas school holidays off, thats my family time, I don't charge as I'm not available.

Hebs
09-07-2009, 04:45 PM
i'm only closing christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day

need to keep my holidays for jan as i'm away for 2 weeks :D :clapping:

aly
09-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm thinking my boys may finish on the 18th which is the friday before ...and may go back 4th somay just ask for those 2 weeks.

Daftbat
09-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I try not to work at all over christmas week - easier said than done when you have hospital staff as customers! I don't charge anything unless i actually work.

The Juggler
10-07-2009, 06:57 AM
depends if you charge for bank hols and hols. After first 2 years I closed over Chrismtas and took leave so it was full pay. Most of my parents are t-t only or only part-time now so it doesn't put many of them out.

bibby76
10-07-2009, 07:00 AM
I have the 2 weeks off over xmas, for me its time to relax and be with my own kids. I dont charge for this as parents may need to use other childcare services, i also dont charge for bank holidays, because no service is available.

wendywu
10-07-2009, 07:18 AM
I do not work Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. But i do get paid for them.

But i do find that i am not that busy as lots of parents have time off themselves.

I must admit that for my 5 weeks holiday i am not in the country but on holiday. Thats what i save it for.:)

mabel
10-07-2009, 07:20 AM
I take all of christmas off without pay too !

Schnakes
10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I took Christmas and Boxing day off last year and that was it. I dont charge for Christmas day, although it is a bank holiday, as a gesture of Christmasly good will!!

Im already thinking about Christmas too, btw...!! :blush:

Sx