PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu (again .... sorry)

Hebs
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
my daughter came home tonight with a letter saying 2 kids in her school have tested positive,

it is spreading like wildfire in our area, as today alone 6 children have tested positive.

What do i do if one of my mindees catches it?
do i need to close or can i still provide care for the "healthy" ones?

obviously i need to close if me or my kids get it.

:panic:

Deb
09-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Not obviously at all - the chances are you will be fine enough to still work; they arent swabbing anymore and it is no longer a notifiable illness. Only the people 'at risk' need to contact a doctor. Dont worry about it X

miffy
09-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Unless you or your family are affected I would say you can stay open

If a mindee or a member of their immediate family catches it then I would exclude them until they are symptom free (however long that takes)

Miffy xx

Daftbat
09-07-2009, 05:02 PM
If you have flu then you wouldn't be able to get out of bed let alone work. If a family member gets it i would only work if i could keep the affected person in isolation - we have a master bedroom with en suite bathroom which has come in handy before. Depends on age of your children though obviously.

Hebs
09-07-2009, 05:03 PM
my own children are almost 13 and 9

Daftbat
09-07-2009, 05:05 PM
At those ages then you would be able to barrier nurse them in isolation and still work so long as you were ok. I have done it with D & V bugs before with my eldest.