PDA

View Full Version : nappy changind and disposable gloves

mozarella
09-07-2009, 12:30 PM
do you use gloves to change nappy, so far I havent but washed hands before and after. was going through a risk assessment template i was given by my mentor and it asks if I do

Polly2
09-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Personally I don't - but it is seen as good practice to use them

sonia ann
09-07-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32214&highlight=disposable+gloves
have a read of this thread, lots of different opinions:)

Daftbat
09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Never used gloves in ten years! So long as handwashing is effective there is no problem.

CCJD
09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
I had Mrs Ofsted round last week. In my sef I commented that in an Eco aware setting, I couldn't justify nappies, anti bac wipes, wet wipes, double bagging and thengloves too. I felt that where I only change 2 childrens nappies (rather than say 20 in a nursery), cross contamination could be controlled with good practice handwashing and anti bac gel. Mrs Ofsted agreed.
I do have a box of gloves in case a child is sick or has poorly tummy that needs changing before mum comes to collect. Completely understand why some people need to use gloves - I think that if you show that u have considered it and can back up why not, you should be ok. Having said that I had a very sensible Mrs Ofsted, some people are not so lucky!!!

margimum
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
been changing nappies as a cm for 18 years and never had a problem and I just wash with soap and water and wipe mats with spray. What next? gloves for wiping noses and eye masks for privacy when nappy changing??
The world is going bonkers! What are our babies contaminated with??:rolleyes:

Deb
09-07-2009, 04:08 PM
No, same as pp - I cant justify the environmental impact of all that stuff. I have one child in nappies so the cross contamination is easily controlled.

Helen79
09-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I use them, but think it's probably a habit I've kept from working in a nursery.

Tinglesnark
09-07-2009, 06:57 PM
my mrs ofsted asked me about gloves today.....:eek: i cant see me remembering tbh but i sopse that comes with practise??:D

RachelE
09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Mrs OFSTED didnt ask me today and I didnt use them either!

See if she mentions it in my report!