PDA

View Full Version : who is here today poster?

andreaschildcare
09-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi

Does anyone have such a thing so the children can choose their names and stick them on?

Thanks

avril
09-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I made one from a cork notice board which I covered in material than cut out gingerbread men shapes from coloured felt, printed happy, sad, tired and angry faces from the internet laminated them, made name plates with their face on also which again laminated so each day the children can choose their name and how they are feeling and stick them onto a body!!

Children love doing it and tend to pick the funniest face not how they are feeling!!!!:rolleyes:

Helen79
09-07-2009, 11:54 AM
No but I was planning on making one tomorrow so looking forward to suggestions.
I've already got the children's photos ready, laminated with velcro stuck on the back, I just need something to stick them on.

newandlearning
09-07-2009, 12:13 PM
hello.. I've got a couple of things like that.. we have a self-registration display which I got off Sparkle Box.. look there under self registration .. they really love using the one I've got...

I've also got a feelings display.. they loved this activity.. everyone .. including me.. had their pics taken feeling sad, happy, tired, angry and silly/cheeky.. each day they can pick how they feel .. the photos are placed around the frame and they put their pics. in the middle where it says 'how do you feel today?' .. this can be taken further by the children changing their feelings at any point during the day.. something I will probably start doing after the summer.

hope that helpsx

It's a small world
09-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I have made my own... Alphabet border and then paint splats with a picture of children (only got one so far plus my sons who I have also made one for) Also have childs name on for when he gets older and starts to recognise his name....they are all laminated . when he arrives he puts it on the 'register' and takes it off when he goes home.
I read somewhere that Ofsted really like this idea..but I had already made mine before I read that as thought children would really like it.......:laughing:

Lick'le Oakes
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I have a self registration thingy in the form of an oak tree painted on a big board. Small leaves partly stuck on, then i made some acorns with the children's name on them. The children love hanging their name up even the older ones do. I like the idea of how they are feeling though.

Tired
09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't have a separate poster, the children stick their pictures/names onto their shelf where they keep their things. so it doubles as self registration and claiming a space of their own.

miffy
09-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Sparklebox have got lots of different ones to choose from

Miffy xx

sarah707
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I have made one - just a laminated sheet that says welcome in the middle...

Photos of the children which they stick on when they arrive.

I hope Ofsted like it, they've not seen it yet :D

breezy
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I have made one - just a laminated sheet that says welcome in the middle...

Photos of the children which they stick on when they arrive.

I hope Ofsted like it, they've not seen it yet :D

mines like that pinched the idea from mindees nursery after they told me ofsted loved it :D