PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Parent!!

grindal
09-07-2009, 10:02 AM
When mindee arrived this morning my 2 boys were sat half way up the stairs playing shops (as they do!). Mindees Dad told me that mindee could climb the stairs, was really good at it, and could get back down again on her own as he had taught her. I said oh yes, very good etc, but she does not go up stairs here, at which point he walked across the hall, opened my stair gate and shoved mindee up the stairs to show me. Predictably my 2 were quite interested in this development, and wanted to "help" mindee, so I had to go and get her down before she got pushed down. He then told me that DS2 was coming down the stairs wrong. She is now obsessed with the stairs and spends most of her time trying to get up them and I am really cross with him, cos he caused the whole situation.
Just wanted to moan about it :panic: :panic:

katickles
09-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't be at all happy with that either!!

I am ok in that area though as I am registered for the whole of my downstairs areas but nothing upstairs so stairs are a big no no in my house!

Daftbat
09-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a really pushy parent. I would be annoyed too!

grindal
09-07-2009, 10:25 AM
I was furious. I have spent the last 2 months discouraging her from going near the stairs. We have a stair gate (but due to design of stairs it has to be on 2nd step - so already not great), and I try and get DS2 to close it when he goes upstairs to the loo. It had been working quite well, she had not shown much interest in them - now she has been encouraged to try something new, and has been told not to do it! I'm sure they would not be happy if she did end up falling down them :angry:

mabel
09-07-2009, 10:28 AM
I know what you mean my older ones like to set up games on the stairs and in the hall....be it small, but I always hace my stair gate closed when little ones around

Parents ! what are they like !!

georgie456
09-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Oooh that would make me SO cross :angry: especially as he is in your home, If you have a stairgate closed it is for a reason and really isn't his place to be opening it! Sometimes they just don't stop and think do they?!

Helen79
09-07-2009, 11:58 AM
That would have annoyed me to. How can you expect the children to stick to the rules if their parents can't.
How old is the mindee?

Twinkles
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes and who would be the one who got the blame if she falls down ??

grindal
09-07-2009, 12:53 PM
That would have annoyed me to. How can you expect the children to stick to the rules if their parents can't.
How old is the mindee?

Mindee is only 10 months - so no blame on her part. I'm more annoyed cos I have spent the last 2 months encouraging DS1 to close the gate (which he finds really difficult but tries), and not making a big deal out of the stairs. DS2 is forever falling down them cos DS1 is always "helping" him :panic:

custardcream
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Bought back memories when I read your 2 boys were playing shops on the stairs,
I used to play `buses` on the stairs when I was little, it was mine and my sisters favourite game.:laughing:
Sorry, a bit off topic, but just made me laugh, and feel very old.

PixiePetal
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Bought back memories when I read your 2 boys were playing shops on the stairs,
I used to play `buses` on the stairs when I was little, it was mine and my sisters favourite game.:laughing:
Sorry, a bit off topic, but just made me laugh, and feel very old.

Lucky you. I grew up in a bungalow, so never got the pleasures of bus rides or shops on the stairs :( :laughing:

Deb
09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I tend to encourage the children to use the stairs and how to get up and down safely. (Down backwards) I would be peeved too tho X

grindal
09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I tend to encourage the children to use the stairs and how to get up and down safely. (Down backwards) I would be peeved too tho X

I'm all for encouraging them to do things safely, but to be honest a ten month old, a 2 year old and a 3 year old all on the stairs at the same time does not make for a safe situation :panic: :panic: