PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

Banana
18-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I always said I was going to put Isabelle's education above friends going to the same schools etc...

Here is the thing. The local school takes me about 5 minutes to walk, it really is just down the road.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/portal/site/Internet/menuitem.7c7b38b14d870c7bb1890a01637046a0/?event=getReport&urn=133985&inspectionNumber=282411&providerCategoryID=4096&fileName=\\school\\133\\s5_133985_20060703.xml

Thats the ofsted report for the school.... im not a fan apparently the preschool is better than the school itself though.

Basically Belle has just got a place to start at the preschool in september. One of my mindees is also starting in september which makes it easier for me obviously if they are both at the same school as well as Bell's best friend.. who I used to mind for too.

The thing is Isabelle's pre school at the moment is wonderful. She loves it, she is thriving and I am really happy with where she is just now. I have spoken to her about it and she got really uspet when I tried to explain about the decision mummy was having to make and what she thought she would like to do. My heart nearly broke. She didnt understand why she couldnt stay with her aunties aty preschool where she is now AND see her friends at the school besiide us too.

FOund out today that Belle and Ella, her best friend have gotten morning sessions but my mindee 'J' has ended up on afternoons (mum is trying to get it swapped) so that they can all be together and means that I am not running down to the school 4 times a day with a 45 minute interval between sessions with belle and 'J'

So I am now thinking if 'J' cant be changed onto a morning then do I keep Belle where she is or alternatively ask 'j's mum to try and get him into Belle's current pre school instead of the school one??

I am waffling. I apologise.

The preschool Belle is at is Outstanding and I know in the begining I did have a little gripe about the toilets but she is so happy and doing so well I will worry about putting her somewhere that is not so good.

What I am getting at is am I best toleave here where she is or should I let her go to school with her friends??

xxxxx

Schnakes
18-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Bit tricky - at this age they make and forget friends pretty easily. I think its better to think of your childs acedemic future than their social one...at this stage anyway.

Sx

Banana
18-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Thats what Im thinking Schnakes

Sorry, im making it sound like she has no friends at preschool just now - she does, she tells me who she plays with and what she did etc etc...

But if you saw her and ella together you would know why I am having this problem.. they really do love each otherto bits they are so cute together and they chat on the phone,,, its adorable!

x

berkschick
18-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Tricky one!

Alice and Oliver both went through the Nursery at the local school. Oliver is a very easy going happy go lucky type person ( he is 10 now) but he HATED it there. He cried everyday when I left him but had been fine at pre school and was fine at school once he moved up from the nursery.

So when i came to Lewis, I decided to keep him at pre-school until he went into reception at the school. It meant that his friends went up without him but it has not done him any harm at all. He got better teacher/child ratio at pre-school, more attention, more free play and I was just generally happier. He is not behind any of his peers at school as a result and has slotted back in with friends that went up before him.

miffy
18-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Not sure if I'm missing something here Lana

can Belle stay at her present preschool and then join the school down the road in reception or will she lose her place if she doesn't go to the preschool there?

Miffy xx

Banana
18-02-2008, 10:12 PM
SOrry dont know if i made it clear.

She wont start proper school until 2009. Only in september she can start the school beside us in their preschool. But currently goes to a different preschool which I hounded the woman to get her in to. The school preschool does the same terms as normal school so she can start this sept the year before she goes into reception. The thing is Richard and I both dont really want her to go to this school but as its the closest school to us she would be likely to be placed there come next year.

Richard wants her to stay where she is and not go to the school preschool

Confused lol

xx

Banana
18-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry Miffy - no it doesnt have any bearing on her place at school by not going to the preschool but we dont want her to go there anyway

xx

miffy
18-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Sorry I misunderstood

But if you don't want Belle to go to that school anyway wouldn't you be better keeping her away from it anyway and then trying to get her into a school you do like

I remember how excited you were when she got a place at the preschool

Don't envy you this it's a tough decision to make

Miffy xx

Banana
18-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I know, thats the thing.

We need to either acceot or decline the place by 20th march. Im just dreading school runs with 2 different preschool at awkward times!!! It going to be nightmare and I will have to have a 7 seater! And im not even driving yet!!

OMG what a pavlova!

x

Cammie Doodle
18-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh I cant help, but just wanted to say I understand your dilema you just want the best for Belle and are worried incase you make the wrong decision. But you sound a lovely caring Mum who adores her daughter so I think you will always put her wishes 1st. ( I was exactly the same with our son ) Thinking of you . Love June

custardcream
19-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Personally if she is happy and thriving I would be inclined to leave her where she is.But the decision really has to be yours, hard one.

crazybones
19-02-2008, 07:01 AM
I feel for you as I have been through a similar decision recently regarding which school to send my son too. My decision was a little easier as he is nearly 11 and so was able to give his own input. It did take a lot of soul searching and a couple of sleepless nights but I think we have made the right decision now only time will tell. Whatever decision you come to, you know you put your child first and hopefully it will turn out fine. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Annie x

Monkey1
19-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Sorry Lana can't offer any other advice than you have already been given!

susi513
19-02-2008, 08:27 AM
A couple of parents I've worked with have sent their children to the local preschool for a couple of days a week to build friendships with the children they will go to school with and to a different preschool on other days (they considered the other preschool to be better).

LittleMissSparkles
19-02-2008, 08:34 AM
no advice Lana sorry but good luck with making your decision xxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Sorry Lana cannot really add anything, just hope you can sort it out.

Lorraine xx

Mollymop
19-02-2008, 09:49 AM
I am a bit confused at the moment, sorry. Caitlin was moved from Blue room to Yellow room at preschool(she starts school in september) and that meant she had to leave her best friend Eliot. She was upset about it for a week or 2 but now she doesn't even talk about it/him and has made lots of new friends.
She even has a new best friend, joshua (why are they always boys??) Do what is best for you, if you feel that Belle is going to be better off in a different school, I think that is the best in the long run. She will make lots of new friends in no time at all.

Lou
19-02-2008, 10:01 AM
If she is happy and thriving at the preschool she is at and you dont want her to attend the school i would probably leave her where she is.

She can always see her best friend in other situations.

You must do what is best for you and Isabelle xxx