PDA

View Full Version : help shes removing her nappy!!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I have a child who is 2 at the end of the month and she has just started taking off her nappy all the time!
Shes not ready to potty train yet as shes still unaware when she needs to go to the toliet and we have had lots of accidents which ends in tears.

She has an older sister of 3 who she watches using the toliet and wants to copy her (i think), i have been putting her on the toliet and potty and shes telling me shes weeing and then refuses to get off, when i take her of im greeted with a massive paddy for up to 15 minutes.

Anyone have any ideas how i can either get her to keep her nappy on or try and help her realise when she needs the toliet.

flora
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
try taping the nappy on with duck tape ;) :D

just kidding :blush:

h went through a faze of living on the loo and saying she was going and then not.

i used an egg timer in the end. i gave her plenty of time to do what she needed to do and then i timed her out. she knew wehn the ping went that was it time to go and do something else.

you can encourage her to use the toilet with out it taking over like it is :thumbsup:

as for the paddy, i would ignore as much as possible
praise when she keep her nappy/ knickers on and ignore the rest???

madasahatter
08-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Dungarees?

I'll get my coat.......LOL

aly
08-07-2009, 06:09 PM
are you sure she is not ready?
my dd is 2 in aug and will sit on the loo etc

Mollymop
08-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Ask mum for pull ups, then she won't be able to pull them off so easily.

I look after a mindee who likes to sit on the potty, she is 2 the end of the month and enjoys it, I don't think she will be that long until she is ready for potty training.

wendywu
08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Put them on back to front. :)

Mollymop
08-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Put them on back to front. :)

Very clever idea!:clapping:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
08-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Thank you all for your help, i think I might try putting them on back to front as long as it comfy and see how we get on! And i am going to invest in an egg timer for when she does sit on the toliet or potty!

I reckon she will be ready in the next 4-6wks to potty train, i have a potty in the lounge that she sits on but for example she will sit on the floor and wee but doesnt seem to realise that shes doing it until shes wet then looks at thepuddle with a confused look on her face then gets really upset.

Helen79
08-07-2009, 07:31 PM
You could try putting knickers on top or a poppered vest. Pull ups would be good cos then it's easy to get them up & down without having a full nappy change each time she wants to sit on the potty.
Would she be happy role playing with a dolly & her changing dollys nappy & sitting dolly on the potty instead of her constantly sitting on it herself?

murphy61
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
i've just read this post and my dd who's 2 in october has just started to undo her nappy this is the first time she's done it. :laughing: :laughing:

cuffleygirl
09-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Sounds daft but you could try putting knickers on under her nappy she will be more aware of the change of dry to wet and any mess is contained - it sounds as if she is getting ready to potty train it might make her more aware of the sensation. Nappies work so well these days kids have less motivation to come out of them and she sounds like she wants to be out of hers!

Good luck - also like the back to front notion.

balloon
09-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Putting them on back to front works. I did it with all of mine so I didn't get up to a cot full of mess in the mornings.

Otherwise, if you think this would be too uncomfy for her. You could use cloth nappy wrappers to put on top (more work but better than a poopy playroom, lol!)