PDA

View Full Version : If any of you have worked in a nursery could you answer this for me please?

Ben10mad
08-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi
If you know could you please tell me what nurserys do if payments are late
I know it has nothing to do with childminding but just wanted to know if parents have the cheek to be late with nursery payments and how nurserys go about the situation

Thanx :)

tinkerbelle
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
the ones iv worked at are payment in advance they have all asked for a months pay they invoiced on the last week of the month for the following months and it had to be paid on the 1st of every month iyswim

rickysmiths
08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
As above. I do know that Nurseries do have terrible problems with debt and one was in the news earlier this year because it had to close for this reason.

Helen79
08-07-2009, 05:57 PM
The 1st nursery i worked in charge 10pound late payment fee. The other nursery didn't have a late payment fee & parents just paid as & when. Some parents who ended up owing 1k because the nursery were so lazy on collecting payment.

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:08 PM
My daughter is manager of a nursery and they charge £10 a day for late fees

They seem to let it go on longer than what we would though and some parents end up owing lots

Angel xx

Stanfield
08-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I worked in a nursery for the past four years ... they have terible trouble with payments which has even lead to court action in some cases and a very stressed boss who often ends up paying wages out of her personal savings because of it! Late fees are added but they just get put onto the end of the unpaid bill!
Still, it's kind of stupid to let people get over2000pounds in debt to her before taking action!?

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I worked in a nursery for the past four years ... they have terible trouble with payments which has even lead to court action in some cases and a very stressed boss who often ends up paying wages out of her personal savings because of it! Late fees are added but they just get put onto the end of the unpaid bill!
Still, it's kind of stupid to let people get over2000pounds in debt to her before taking action!?

Yes that is what I do not understand

Why do they let it go on so long

Angel xx