PDA

View Full Version : Transfer profiles

Debbieanne
08-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Can any help, i have a full timer about to start school, ive had him since march. I take him to his school nursery every day and get on well with his teacher, i made an appointment to see her and discuss my new mindeeand she said im the only minder that has ever approached her about working together with eyfs.
Well today she asked me what transfer profile was i going to sibmit for him and that she discovered that she should be following me on his learning stage, as i have him for more hours.

Well im flumuxed now. can any one advise what i should be doing.
I've been making a development folder for him ( eyfs) since march for him, but is that enough???

huggableshelly
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Personally i would not hand over a learning journey to school just an overall summery of where you feel the child is at especially as you need to continue EYFS until 31st aug after the child's 5th birthday.

The Juggler
08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Surely once he starts school he will be doing more hours there?

I have a little one just starting school but know his nursery well. They are preparing a profile for the reception teachers so I printed an EYFS report for him with evidence against each area from observations in his learning journey for them to use and incorporate in their report or just for their info.

Once he's in recpetion will only have him in hols and before/after school so I will be supporting their school topics. Might be worth sharing learning journey folder but then get it back!

Debbieanne
09-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the replies,
So would you do a transfer profile or just share his development folder with them?
But like you say to to keep as ofsted will need to see it at some stage.