PDA

View Full Version : some people

sarahlou
08-07-2009, 09:35 AM
:angry:
I don't let things get to me very often but this......
i was in the playground this morning and some of the parents were talking about a school trip this week. it then got on to the behaviour of some of the children in the school and this one parents pipes up and says that !!!! that i look after should not only not go on school trip but also be expelled from school because she had heard that his behaviour is terrible. well I saw red for one this child has some behaviour issues and just been diagnosed with ADHD ( he is only 5), his parents have been to hell and back since he started school and everyone has an opinion on how naughty he is and how they should do this and that. I am really annoyed with peoples attitudes, he is a lovely little boy and hopefully will start getting the support he needs. Why do people say these things - had to say something:angry: to her:angry: it would be ok if her child was an angel

Sorry for the rant but my 2 year old just doesn't understand and would prefer to colour than listen

Pauline
08-07-2009, 09:44 AM
I will just move this into Minding Chat Sarah.

You wil get more replies there as this section is for problems with the Forum. :)

jellytot
08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
you ok?? some ppl are just over opinonated (sp) like you say not like you to let things get to you :group hug:

sarahlou
08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
i'm fine having one of those days carl away and wanted a moan. They just don't know how much hard work u put into things and what u do - but hey ho:)

Tired
08-07-2009, 10:30 AM
this is a difficult one. I can see both sides of the issue.
We have a 5 year old year R who causes all sorts of trouble. As a school governor, I know how hard the school and parents have been working to support him. I understand the strategies and the thinking behind them, and that this child needs help, support and understanding.

BUT, as a minder of a boy in this class, I see how his day is disrupted by the behaviour, how my mindee is almost always good but this other boy gets the praise and attention, and I see how my mindee sometimes comes home injured by this boy. I can see why the parents of the other children would want him out of the classroom.

So i can sympathise, but feel really torn as I can understand both sides and dont know which side to agree with.

sarahlou
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I know he is disruptive so people will talk, but if they saw the state mum got in to when one of us has to go to school to calm him down and the stress she was under they may be a bit more sympathetic. The school have a key worker in place for september so he will be on a one to one and i have a bridge worker with me during the hols. I just got really annoyed with the attitude he is not the only one and unfortunatley gets the blame for alot of things, but people will talk I suppose.

Twinkles
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Sadly it is difficult for some people to differentiate between children who are naughty( bad word I know ) because of poor behaviour management and children who are 'naughty' because they have a particular condition.

wendywu
08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
It is hard because it is human nature to warm to the polite chatty little child who has a smile for everyone.

I for one have stood in the playground many a time and gritted my teeth and thought to myself, for goodness sake please do something to stop that child.

I would not get upset about it though as you are making a difference to him and that is all that counts in the long run.

newandlearning
08-07-2009, 12:19 PM
its a great shame that people are happy to be soo negative when they don't know all the info about a child or indeed anyone for that instance. I have heard a childminder :eek: talk horribly about another downs syndrome child before and felt a big urge to right her manner.. I decided I would ensure I just didn't hang around with that person/environment rather than get involved in righting the world.. I've spoken up a lot in my life and don't feel its always made a positive difference .. instead I just become the target.. I feel for you.. some people!!

mandy moo
09-07-2009, 01:42 PM
this is a difficult one. I can see both sides of the issue.
We have a 5 year old year R who causes all sorts of trouble. As a school governor, I know how hard the school and parents have been working to support him. I understand the strategies and the thinking behind them, and that this child needs help, support and understanding.

BUT, as a minder of a boy in this class, I see how his day is disrupted by the behaviour, how my mindee is almost always good but this other boy gets the praise and attention, and I see how my mindee sometimes comes home injured by this boy. I can see why the parents of the other children would want him out of the classroom.

So i can sympathise, but feel really torn as I can understand both sides and dont know which side to agree with.

My sons class is a 'chalenging' class, he is also one of the 'naughty' boy's, and to be quite honest I cant remember the last time he was actually given any praise, for any thing at all. Not homework, reading, anything,
I'm in there at least once a week, and its always negative, very rarley is it mentioned how well hes done something:(
Still next year theyhave a new teacher starting and takinghis class, prehaps she'll be able to get through to him:(