PDA

View Full Version : Variation Advice please

lizzymoonshine
18-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi there!!

ooohhh Can anyone help me with the dreaded Variation letter please!!!

berkschick
18-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Whats the situation?

I will try and help you if you can give me a bit more info on ages, numbers, etc.

lizzymoonshine
18-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I have a four year old, and his one year old sister, a three year old and i have been approached to have another four year old. His mum is a friend and she wants someone she knows she can trust as he has never been left with anyone. It will only be for one day a week, and i will only be over on my numbers for half an hour as the four year old and his sister go home at 12.00pm and i would collect him from nursery at 11.30.

hhhheeelllppppp!!!

sarah707
19-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm going to bump this because nobody was really around to help Lizzy last night - I think perhaps we were too busy with other cloud related things! :laughing:

I have never applied for a variation so I can't help - but hopefully somebody can... :D

berkschick
19-02-2008, 10:06 AM
You need to be inventive about how you word the letter, they will only normally grant the variation for continuation of care.

You will need to list what equipement you have to meet all the needs of all the children. Have an action plan of how you will get to and from nursery to collect other mindee.

Mine was for 6 hours so I went into detail about how I would manage mealtimes, nap times, how I could adapt activities to suit all the children concerned, etc.

MAke sure you include the names and dates of birth of all the children and give them a chart of who you will have and when.

miffy
19-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure that the circumstances fit Ofsted's criteria for a variation but they do seem to be granting variations more often now so it's worth a go.

As you are in the same area as me I would be interested in the outcome

Good luck and keep us posted

Miffy xx

flora
19-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Lizzie,
I was granted a variation to care for two under ones (as my dd was still under 1 ).
Be as clear as you can as to why you need to have the variation for how many hours a day and for how many days as week. As said list the age and dob's of all the mindees and when they would overlap. Keep that bit as simple as possible!!
If thay are all very young, tell them how you would manage schooltrips, mealtimes, etc etc. Do you need extra equipment, facilities etc?? List all of that. Tell them how you would meet all the needs of all the children without anyone having to compromise (too much). All kids compromise a bit when there is more than one.
Basically you sell yourself and your ability to cope with what you are asking them to sanction. If you include as much info whilst keeping it simple ( iyswim?) Then they can see that you have really thought it through and not only that but you can deliver too. :clapping:
If you need owt else pm me and I will do my best.:D

lizzymoonshine
20-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks everyone, will add to the "to do list".

thanks again

liz