PDA

View Full Version : Mindees Leaving

Chatterbox Childcare
08-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Anyone have mindees leaving this month to go to another setting/school?

I have had this little one since he was 10 weeks old (now 3) and mum has got a new job and lives a far way from me so now he is going to a new childminder. I am gutted and with only 3 weeks to go getting sad.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/Kim192026/2009JuneJuly043.jpg

Tinglesnark
08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
oh that must be awful for you! i cant advise as im not registered yet but i can tell by your post that you are really upset:group hug:
does your mindee understand? that will be a wrench for him to surely? what a shame for you both x

cabby
08-07-2009, 10:34 AM
bless him, he looks really happy with you:)

i have 2 full timers starting school in september, had them both since they were a year old, but will still have them before and after school and in the holidays:)

wendywu
08-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I have two that i have had for 11 years going to school. The mum of one has just asked me if her DD can still come one evening a week as mindee is worried that the little ones will miss her . Of course she can i said ...Bless :blush:

Polly2
08-07-2009, 12:21 PM
He looks a lovely little boy I bet you are going to miss him - they become part of the family don't they!

I have 2 leaving in August because of nursery funded places :mad:

I have had both since they were 9 mths old - luckily I have filled both spaces already :)

rickysmiths
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
How sad. They do become part of the family and special when they are with us for a long time. At least you know he has had the best start to his life and the new cm will have a hard act to follow.

Playmate
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
We had brothers who left us earlier this year, they were with us 5 days aweek 11 hours a day. Dad took them away from us because he wanted somenone who could do overnight care, so he found someone who was doing it illegally and cheaper than us :angry: (I did report her, but thats another thread!)

On their last day I had to go out at pick up time because I knew I wouldn't be able to say good bye and compose myself. When I came back, Mick admitted he had broken down crying and Dad could not understand why? :rolleyes:

We do get so attached to some of these children, its nice when you end on a good note and hopefully keep in touch, but horrible when it all goes sour! Hopefully you will keep i touch with this little lad Debbie?

flora
08-07-2009, 02:24 PM
what a lovely pic debbie,

sad that he is moving on, lovely for you that you have had him in your life for so long.

time to share your love with another lo :thumbsup:

sending love and hugs x x x

Muffin
08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I always find it sad when mindees leave. I have twins of nearly 4 years old leaving at the end of August. I've had them since they were 6 months old.
I shall miss them loads.

nannymcflea
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I have one who is 3 next week and since he is part time he is going to take his funding at a nursery and do the odd extra hours there too, I've had him since he was 6 months, he'll be leaving in September, it is sad but I advised her to do this so he gets used to being in a school type enviroment for his year before school, as he is not a very confident lad and will need time to get used to that type of routine, his hours are too little to go between two settings.

loocyloo
08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
i have a 2 1/2yr LO leaving to emigrate with his family, i've had him since he was 6 mth, but had his sister for 2 1/2yr ( she only left in april, as at nursery fulltime then ) and prior to that, have looked after both the older girls too - known this family for nearly 6 years, and can't believe i won't see them anymore! :( although they live in another village, i bump into them all over the place, and the girls were all in the same dance show as my DD last weekend. (LO was more excited at seeing my DD on stage than he was his sisters :laughing: )

then i have an 11 yr old, going to secondary school - had her for as long as i have been minding, and knew her a year before that! going to be very strange not having her around :( however, i will still have her brother, and she may come on occaisonally on a 'as and when' basis!

i'm trying not to think about everything changing!

Mollymop
08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Debbie, i like that picture of you. i think you should change your profile pic to this picture instead, it looks lovely I must say!

Oh bless Debbie that is so sad! I look after a little 24 month old, had her since she was 14 months, and lucky to still be having her for the next school year coming and then if mum gets a job after college I will have her then as well and even when she goes to school! Whoop!
I would hate to lose her and that is only after 1 year, so i can kind of imagine why you would feel so sad. I hope they stay in touch with you.

I am keeping all mindees from this school year, next school year as well. Plus I have a new starter. So all good and well, thankfully.

Things are bound to change the year after though, some going on to school and others growing up so don't need me

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I think you should change your profile pic

It is a nice natural picture

Angel xx