PDA

View Full Version : Registers

singlewiththree
08-07-2009, 06:27 AM
I currently just have my large diary as my register where I put actual times/contracted times/fees and expenses.

I'm now thinking of starting a proper register but just wondered is it ok to have all the children on the same page as each other?

Do you get it signed daily/weekly/monthly?

I'm covering my back as I'm pretty sure one of my parents is still claiming TC and has stopped coming and if they do check my books (see other IR post) then I want to make sure that I have signatures.

sarah707
08-07-2009, 07:04 AM
You need to keep register sheets separate for each child for confidentiality.

You should file them with the children's other paperwork and keep them secure for 21 years and 6 months for insurance purposes.

Parents sign my monthly when they are given their bills. I also make sure where possible they see me filling them in.

Hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
08-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Here is a master which can be copied and pasted if you want more.

I don't have a signature box but you could add it in at the bottom if required

beckyteddy
08-07-2009, 07:55 AM
I use the book that came in my NCMA starter pack, and they are made for one child per. sheet. I think when my book runs out I'm just going to photocopy the last few sheets!

Helen79
08-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I use the Morton Michel register which is the same format as Debbie's.
i use a page per child for confidentiality. I was also told recently to have the child's full name on the register, I was just putting the first name & last initial.

rickysmiths
08-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I use the NCMA book. There is a page per month per child. My parents sign them at the end of each week. Never been a problem and at the moment I only have 8 children on my books but I have had many more.

I just keep them at the end of the year with my accounts and insurance cert and then they are all filed in boxes in the loft!