PDA

View Full Version : First mindee

Tink
07-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I've done a visit with a friend of mine today, not seen her for a while, but she wants me to have her 2 year old son two days a week:)
I don't know the little boy so i've planned some visits so we can get to know one another.
When I asked her about his previous childcare she told me he'd been to a childminder for nearly a year.
I asked her to ask the childminder for any information she has gathered on him, she shook her head and said, she has done nothing !!!!:eek:
I gave her an application pack to fill in and some permission forms.
She said she had never been given anything like this before!!!
The previous childminder never even wrote anything down on what he had done.

Anyway I was trying to think of the best way of finding out information about the boy. Do you think I should do a list of questions, likes/dislikes etc?

Thank you

miffy
07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Lovely to have your first mindee lined up

It's a good idea to have everything on a professional footing especially as mum is a friend - if you look around the forum you will find some cautionary tales about the pitfalls of working for friends.

You will get lots of information from mum about her ds so make some notes when you chat. Then when he visits you can watch him to see what he likes to play with etc.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Tink
07-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Thank you, i've just looked through the forum and found some great advice and printed some pages off.