PDA

View Full Version : SWINE FLU HAS HIT MY TOWN

Mollymop
07-07-2009, 08:20 PM
A child was confirmed with it at our pre-school! My best mate is a cleaner there and sent me a txt earlier this evening.
One of my mindees goes to thi s preschool - and my DD goes to the school!!!

I have txt mum to let her know, because she will be taking her there tomorrow. They are not closing but had a deep clean and sending parents letters. Mum is not sure whether to send her to the pre-school tomorrow or not.

So it is here now. I have drummed it into my kids to make sure htey wash there hands before putting hands near mouth and eating etc.

I know it is supposidly milder than seasonal flu, but flu is is terrible and I really hope none of us get it:panic:

miffy
07-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh dear - it seems to be spreading much faster now.

Hope none of you get it MM

Miffy xx

angeldelight
07-07-2009, 09:10 PM
It hit our town weeks ago

Angel xx

christine e
08-07-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm hearing rumours that it has arrived in Mansfield. Local paper due out today so will no doubt read about it later

Cx

miffy
08-07-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm hearing rumours that it has arrived in Mansfield. Local paper due out today so will no doubt read about it later

Cx

According to last night's local paper 40 schools in the county are affected - it gave a list.

Also said schools are not closing now but pupils/staff with swine flu are being asked to stay at home to reduce the spread of infection

Miffy xx

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:39 AM
They had to close another school by us this week

They only have one member of staff who is not ill left to teach out of 15 teachers so 14 teachers ill
Half the school ill

They are saying that it would cost to much to get agency in so they closed the school

They are saying they have not closed because of swine flu but because there are no staff to teach the kids

But then what are all the staff ill with ?

Angel xx

miffy
08-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Hmmn I understand what you're saying Angel

I think that because swine flu is spreading so quickly now the powers that be see no point in shutting the schools because that alone won't stop the infections spreading (unlike at first when they thought they might be able to contain it).

I found out when I read the paper last night that one of my mum's works in a school where there has been a case of swine flu (she hasn't mentioned it) so it could reach me/mindees from that source but equally you could pick it up from anywhere now.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Yes like the bus - the shops etc etc

Looks like we are all going to get it and I do not want it :eek:

Angel xx

miffy
08-07-2009, 06:57 AM
I don't want it either :panic:

Miffy xx

devoncm
08-07-2009, 06:59 AM
A mother of a pre school child at my childrens school has it so she keeping child off, and at my nephews school just round the corner from me there has been a case of it. I sent letters out to parents yesturday and will do today. Think ill start a theme on hygeine because of this , drum it into the kids why we need to always wsahe our hands

mammumof4
08-07-2009, 07:08 AM
we had a letter home from DS school last night, there is a case of swine flu in his school, the school is staying open. im keeping them off school because his brother has been poorly since the weekend with a bad stomach bug and his immune system is low so im not taking chances, i know we will all get it sooner or later but i want to delay it untill we are all well enough to fight it off. scarry isnt it :eek: :eek: so are you all minding as normal? im kind of glad i havent got any kids on books yet :blush: :blush:

Mollymop
08-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Well it is at my son's school now, across the road from the school I first posted about. A teacher and a pupil. I guess we'll all end up with it soon. I hate flu

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
08-07-2009, 03:06 PM
yep weve had it here to!

devoncm
08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Weve had it in 3 schools all close together, today it was mindee who brought letter home, yesturday was my 2, hope i dont get it as really not good for pregnant people-not that its great for others but ykwim

Trouble
08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
its hit my hubbys work and there are 11, 000 people work there:eek: :eek: :panic:

TheBTeam
08-07-2009, 06:25 PM
yes it has hit our local preschool this week and my sons school yesterday!

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh I might be ok

On the news they said it is heading up NORTH

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Trouble
08-07-2009, 06:40 PM
its here:angry: :angry: :angry: