PDA

View Full Version : Help!

katie0183
18-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I know i know you guys are going to groan its me again :P

Ive had an enquiry from a parent who wants me to have her 9 month old baby girl 4 days a week from May. However... I've done what i thought is right, but now im not so sure. For a start i havent completed my portfolio but i have done almost all of my policies and procedures and put them in a parent handook and i have also made a daily diary and laminated it. The question ive got is for my Portfolio someones given me a list of of what to put in it however its got weekly and daily planner in it and to be honest i just dont know where to start. How can you show an idea without giving a million scenarios for each different age of child and the same with the menus i know what tyoe of food i'll cook yet ive got to show variety and well im having a bad day... my cars been delayed till thursday and my dogs at the vets very poorly indeed i know its not a good time to do these but its a case of having too and normally im so good at cramming! but im stumped so please help :)

Kate

Twinkles
18-02-2008, 08:30 PM
For the daily/weekly planner just take a theme and put down a few of your ideas, a couple for each age group.No-one expects you to stick to them religiously..child led play has an important part to play. Just show that you have some good ideas to expand on.

sarah707
18-02-2008, 08:37 PM
We use the eatwell plate from here -

http://www.food.gov.uk/healthiereating/eatwellplate/

We plan our menus to include the right amounts of foods from each group each day. If children choose to be fussy we inform parents they have not eaten from a certain food group that day or if parents tell us we must avoid or include any other items, we of course change our menus accordingly.

We try hard to make sure the food on each child's plate looks similar so they do not feel left out.

The combinations each day we work towards are -

6 x carbohydrate
5 x vegetable / fruit
4 x milk products - full fat for under 2s
3 x protein
minimal everything else...

You can get advice on this from lots of places - here is a good place to start - http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/healthybalanceddiet.htm

Hope this helps :D

Twinkles
18-02-2008, 08:39 PM
P.s We'd never groan at someone asking questions and I hope the dog is ok.