PDA

View Full Version : Logistics of working with another childminder

resolve-alley
07-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi All,
Have just registered on the Forum - been childminding full time since May 2008. I am now considering working with another childminder from her home. Would like to get some advice from childminders who currently work together or know of others who do. We both have our own children who need to be dropped and picked up from school. Have tried to brainstorm myself prior to our initial meeting but although I can come up with lots of issues that may arise eg. cm sickness need some help with tried and tested solutions. :)

Curly Quavers
07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I knew a couple who did it and it didn't work and the reason 100% was communication. I think as long as you both communicate properly all the time about everything you will be fine.

Pauline
07-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I will just move this to Minding Chat as this section is for information to members about the forum. :)

Twinkles
07-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I have friends who do this. They cope very well but I'm not sure I could tell you how.

They are both very laid back about things - I don't mean slack, just don't take anything to heart and are very easy going.

If you have any specific questions I could ask them.

Nix
07-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi All,
Have just registered on the Forum - been childminding full time since May 2008. I am now considering working with another childminder from her home. Would like to get some advice from childminders who currently work together or know of others who do. We both have our own children who need to be dropped and picked up from school. Have tried to brainstorm myself prior to our initial meeting but although I can come up with lots of issues that may arise eg. cm sickness need some help with tried and tested solutions. :)

I've just posted my own post about this!! I look forward to receiving the replies too as I'm looking to work with another childminder...:thumbsup:

sarah707
08-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Well I work with dp... he does as he is told and we get along great!

Sorry that's not particularly helpful is it??

Welcome to the forum :D

LittleStars
08-07-2009, 07:12 AM
I co-work with another cm at the moment. We are both registered at our own houses but work together at either house during school hours. Our children are registered to one of us (so are the responsibility of just one of us) but have casual contracts permission forms etc with the other cm too (for holiday cover etc).

For us it works pretty well. We are very honest with each other...if she bugs me I tell her...we also have different parenting styles which complement each other very very well. We keep each other company, provide moral support, have great relationships with each others children, 1 can cook while one plays etc For us it is great...but we do have the option of taking timeout from each other as we have both still got registrations. We also keep seperate budgets...accounts..etc

Not exactly what you are planning to do.....

We are possibly soon to be moving out of the area so our partnership is going to come to its end...thats sad :( I can't imagine doing it without her.