PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu again

Hebs
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
my daughters best friends brother has just tested positive for swine flu :panic:

hope she hasn't passed it on :(

sarah707
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I read a report which said that they expect 90% of us to have had it by Christmas...

So it's fairly safe to say it's on its way whatever we do or don't do to avoid it :D

katickles
07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Hop eyou are all ok x

Mouse
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I still think there's too much panic about it. A good many of us are going to get it, but it's been said that it's milder than normal flu & the majority of people will recover in a couple of days.

I don't get the whole hysteria about it & I do think it's been hyped up in the media.

But that's just my personal view & when I'm suffering from it I may well change my mind :D;)

Spangles
07-07-2009, 07:55 PM
I think there are many reasons to be worried about it.

For a start if you have asthma or other conditions flu is very serious not to mention if you have these 'serious underlying health conditions' whatever they may be.

Also, they are expecting it to possibly mutate and become more deadly.

Plus, if enough people get flu all at the same time it will upset the whole running of the country. Hospitals, shops, police, transport, services, etc will all be severely understaffed and the population will find it hard to buy food, get money from banks, be treated for illnesses, etc. It could potentially cause complete chaos.

It has the potential (my new favourite word!!) to be very serious in many ways.

louise
07-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Just been told that my mums friend and daughter have it. They don't live near us and are two of the 3 cases in there town. they have to stay in for 5 days ect. The daughter is on my facebook she hasnt put she has it but i had guessed by what she has put as her status. Mum has also been told one of the school in her town has a case. hers is next to mine so it wont be long.

Hebs
07-07-2009, 08:07 PM
well i have asthma and one of my mindees has chronic lung disease both caused by us being born prem

i have the flu jab every year as flu could cause serious problems for me (last time i had flu i popped a lobe/nodule in my lung and it was VERY painful)

:panic:

Mollymop
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I take it they are still testing people to findout whether they have swine flu or not. I heard they were going to stop testing.

I had a txt from a friend who works at our local pre-school - they have a case there:panic:

Zoomie
07-07-2009, 08:25 PM
We had a letter from school today saying someone was suspected, and being tested.

School is staying open.

miffy
07-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I take it they are still testing people to findout whether they have swine flu or not. I heard they were going to stop testing.

Found this about testing

http://www.hpa.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?c=HPAweb_C&cid=1246519368102&pagename=HPAweb%2FHPAwebStandard

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
well i have asthma and one of my mindees has chronic lung disease both caused by us being born prem

i have the flu jab every year as flu could cause serious problems for me (last time i had flu i popped a lobe/nodule in my lung and it was VERY painful)

:panic:

Last nov I caught the flu, turned into phumonia and plurisy I am due the flu jab this year, I never want that again !:panic:

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:45 AM
I think there are many reasons to be worried about it.

For a start if you have asthma or other conditions flu is very serious not to mention if you have these 'serious underlying health conditions' whatever they may be.

Also, they are expecting it to possibly mutate and become more deadly.

Plus, if enough people get flu all at the same time it will upset the whole running of the country. Hospitals, shops, police, transport, services, etc will all be severely understaffed and the population will find it hard to buy food, get money from banks, be treated for illnesses, etc. It could potentially cause complete chaos.

It has the potential (my new favourite word!!) to be very serious in many ways.

I agree

I never make a fuss about things and if we get it we get it

But I have a few close people to me who have it or have had it and let me tell you it is lasted more than a few days - more like a few weeks and they have been really poorly with it

Angel xx

zillervalley
09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
I agree

I never make a fuss about things and if we get it we get it

But I have a few close people to me who have it or have had it and let me tell you it is lasted more than a few days - more like a few weeks and they have been really poorly with it

Angel xx

you are right

dont feel to good myself today it is a worry
ziller