PDA

View Full Version : swine flu

devoncm
07-07-2009, 03:06 PM
There have now been 2 cases ive heard of today about someone having it at a school that i dont actually pick up from but my nephew goes there and so does Camerons sister, and a case where my children go to school but its a parent and child is ok but staying off as precaution, now i want to do a policy for it but if minded children are away either through their choice or mine would you still charge? and how can i word my policy? im still looking through other threads for answer to the latter.

Daftbat
07-07-2009, 04:16 PM
You don't need a new policy for this. Your contracts will dictate it. If you are not happy to have the child then you are not available for work and would not normally charge. If the parent is keeping a child at home through illness or the threat of it then if you are still open for business you would charge them - in my case it would be full fees.

balloon
07-07-2009, 05:25 PM
If they have flu they re too ill to be at the childminders and should be at home. In your contract you may have filled out a bit about illness/holidays, just use that. (ie whether they have to pay or not)

One of the symptoms of swine flu is diarrhoea and no child should be in within 48 hours of having that so you should be covered by your P&P on health and safety and no need to write a new one.