PDA

View Full Version : How much deposit do you charge?

Emmylou75
07-07-2009, 12:14 PM
is it half of the expected monthly total or is it a fixed fee? Do you take it off the first month's bill?

Thanks in advance for your replies
Emma x

Polly2
07-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I ask for a months fees deposit to secure place then their deposit can be used against first months fees.

manjay
07-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I do it differently depending on each situation. I have just taken some deposits. One is for one day a week so I have taken a months fees. Another is for 3 full days so I have taken 2 weeks fees. This amount is taken off their first invoice but is non refundable if the place is not taken up. Other people will keep the deposit until the child leaves but I decided this wasn't the way I wanted to do it.

rickysmiths
07-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I ask for 4 weeks fees when they sign the contract and it is held against the 4 weeks notice period at the end of the contract. I am also paid a month in advance.

I am actually quite ridgid on this which may seem hard but I got fed up when two families left without paying the notice period.

Tatjana
07-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I ask for one weeks fees and keep it until end of contract for the last weeks fees.

xx

Jen4Kids
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I ask for a £50 non refundable deposit which they pay upon signing contracts, this then comes off the first months invoice which is paid on their first day

I personally felt it was too much to ask for 1 months money to keep till the end then 1 months money again (although i know many do which is great) but my parents havent been able to afford that, have very happily paid £50 and pay on time each month or before its due, so, so far, so good