PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for your visit booklet

Little_Explorer
06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi,

How has everyone prepared for the pre reg visit? I'm working through the Preparing for your registration visit booklet and finding a bit of a pain. How much from that was part of the actual visit from Ofsted? Am I wasting my time or is it really useful?

Karen

singlewiththree
07-07-2009, 05:55 AM
I briefly looked through it for my preinspection but mainly worked through the EYFS standards book and found I could tick off what I policies I had on there much easier.

It's a small world
07-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi,

How has everyone prepared for the pre reg visit? I'm working through the Preparing for your registration visit booklet and finding a bit of a pain. How much from that was part of the actual visit from Ofsted? Am I wasting my time or is it really useful?

Karen

Hi

I completed the whole document and then when Ofsted came didn't use it as she just asked me about 4 questions as we were chatting she just threw them in (may not be the case for everyone). I know it's a pain but just have a brief outline then if she asks you a question and you get a bit jittery (sp) through nerves you've got back up)
Always better to be prepared.

Hoipe that helps Kx

misst104
07-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Just goes to show how inconsistent it is. The inspector who did my pre-reg read the questions word for word (all of them) and asked me to answer them all. It was a big part of the visit so I am glad I filled it in!

xxx jo

It's a small world
07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Just goes to show how inconsistent it is. The inspector who did my pre-reg read the questions word for word (all of them) and asked me to answer them all. It was a big part of the visit so I am glad I filled it in!

xxx jo

No way...I was also prepared and spent ages completing it and then only asked 4 questions. But glad I did fill it in just in case I got questioned and needed back up....

Little_Explorer
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks everyone! I suppose I'd better complete it then. I'm on Q 25 or something like that so have just under 1/2 more to go. I suppose the majority points back to my Policies and Procedures
Karen

Tatjana
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
If you do them as bullet points you can refer to the booklet when your inspector is there.

I'm glad I filled mine in, got asked lots of them!

xx

daniellemummy
08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I filled in the whole thing - and although my inspector didn't ask me specific questions from it - she did ask similar ones.

I was glad I'd filled it out though as I sat reading what I'd written before she came and because it is all together as it were - it helped get my brain in gear if that makes sense?!

I'd say it is helpful, but I did refer to my policys to be honest when she was asking me questions.