PDA

View Full Version : Medium Term Planning ... Is this right?

Stanfield
06-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi,

Can you have a look at my medium term plan for November, which is Transport. Is this enough?
\for my short term plans I would then go into detail for some of the activity plans and also an individual plan for each child such as ... for craft collage, if a child loves tractors, we could create a tractor collage ... right???

Not sure how to load up my file but this is it in basic form (I have it in a spidergram)

Communication, Language and Literacy (CLL)

Discussions on how we travel
Borrow transport themed books from the library
Discussions about our carbon foot print.

Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy (PSRN)

Counting coloured cars on a journey
Explore different sized vehicles
Exploring shapes of vehicles

Creative Development (CD)

Creating a collage of different types of transport
Use small world vehicles to create marks using paint
Making 3D models, cars, boats etc

Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)

Safety in transit
Green Cross Code
Discovering our carbon footprint and how to reduce it

Physical Development (PD)

Playing on the ride on cars and bikes
Using role play to create a journey
Going for a walk to observe vehicles on the road

Knowledge and Understanding of the World (KUW)

Explore the different types of transport from around the world
Travelling on a bus
How vehicles work

Thanks for the help. x

singlewiththree
07-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Looks good to me. I don't do medium term planning at the mo but my inspector said I needed to do the same thing that you have done for over a week as I only do daily and find out the festivals etc. I will probably do something similar but hopefully this message will now move up and someone more knowledgable will reply.

sarah707
07-07-2009, 07:06 AM
That looks great!

Leave space for the children to follow their interests as well... so if you start with the green cross code and road safety they might suggest making stop / go boards or playing stopping games in the garden... you can write that in afterwards and it will be helpful for next year.

Another thing Ofsted like to see is why you are following that particular theme. Maybe a child has a new car he's brought from home or there are roadworks on a road near you and that has sparked an interest :D