PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Directory - how to unsubscribe

clorogue
06-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Forgive me if this has already been posted. I have just received this from an advisor:

Maybe you have heard about this but early next week all UK mobiles will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access the numbers. It is easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex directory. We have all unsubscribed and you may want to suggest it to all your friends and family who have UK mobiles or they could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls. Removal is recommended by the BBC - see link below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/8091621.stm

bbc website recommending to do this.

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week.
All numbers including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling and the general abuse that less scrupulous telesales people subject us too.

To remove your number go here. (you need your mobile phone with you to do this, they text you a code)

http://www.118800.co.uk/removeme/remove.html

Click on HOMEPAGE at the bottom of the screen then EXDIRECTORY at the top of the following screen then follow the on screen instructions.

You can remove your number from this list, and tell all your friends - especially those with children who have mobile phones. I personally believe my mobile number is private and I should be able to chose who I give it to - none of us agreed to this when we signed our mobile phone contracts.

I will definitely be doing it!!!!

rickysmiths
06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Thank you for this info I had heard something about this a while ago but had no idea the full implications. Not heard the news tonight just got back from a County Scout AGM.

I have copied the info and will pass it on.

Tam's Tribe
07-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Hi

Heard about this ages ago, planned to make me ex directory and then promptly forgot about it so . . .

THANK YOU FOR THE REMINDER and great instructions.

Done mine already and definately going to make all our family's mobile EX DIRECTORY.

Have a great day!