PDA

View Full Version : If I hear those words again...!

Fairydust
06-07-2009, 06:57 PM
"What are we doing next?" Oh yes if I hear those words again I will explode!!! It was torrential rain with thunder & lightening - I had 5 children - my house had toys in every inch of the floor space, we did painting, we did baking, playdoh, dancing, singing, sticky pictures & one child kept asking me what will we do next!!!! I have her full-time until my own holidays & I dont think I will survive.:panic:

miss mopple
06-07-2009, 07:06 PM
:laughing: I so hear you on that one! Its been the same here today (had 6 here as it was an inset day). One of them has spent the whole day telling me he is bored, despite being taken to a messy play group ( apparently there was nothing to do there! Funny how the other 5 stayed occupied!), doing craft at home and having a whole playroom of toys to play with :angry:

In the end I just pointed out to the big ones that I expected them at their age ( 5, 6 and 9) to be able to occupy themselves for a while as I was not a permanent entertainments committee and had my hands full with the 3 little ones.

It really struck me today how some kids have no idea how to do that without a tv/computer/ games console in front if them. There is no imagination at all, particularly in the boys :(

Fairydust
06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I did eventually crack and said they could watch a dvd while I fed & changed the babies and grabbed a coffee. Then the older two girls (5&6) argued as one wanted Garfield and the other "hates cats!" and wanted "Wallace & Gromit" but the 5 year old "thinks its disgusting?!".Thankfully "Me Too" was on which they both quite liked and then the rain stopped so we all headed out to the park. The girls wanted to play races - NEVER AGAIN! "I was first" "No I was first". I have got another 3 weeks of these girls!!!! :panic:

sarah707
06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Welcome to my world! :o

manjay
06-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome to my world! :o

and mine:rolleyes: Unfortunately the worst culprit in my house is my own 3 yr old!

helenlc
06-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I have a 3 yr old mindee full time and his 9 yr old brother in the holidays. He is a nightmare for saying What we doing next? He drives me bananas!!:angry:

He's worse than the 3 yr old.:laughing:

Fairydust
06-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I could have cried when I woke up and saw the weather - rain, rain & more rain! It did eventually stop and believe it or not the sun is now out in bonny Scotland but I could have done with some of it at 10am when our Childminding Group had planned a treasure hunt!:clapping:

LeanneC
07-07-2009, 07:34 PM
ha ha welcome to my world too!

I have a 23 month old (my own), 3yr old, 4 yr old & a 5 yr old

I get when are we having a snack.... but why, where are we going? and i get called Ann by the 3yr old instead of Leanne!!! so it's Aaann, Aaaann Aaaann Aaaaaann Aaaaaann Aaaaaann Aaaaaaann what you doing when im on the loo aghhhhh

kids dont you just love 'em

BUT I hate the rain, sick of getting a wet backside from getting kids in the car and out again