PDA

View Full Version : legal advice part 2

tommiitip
06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
hi everyone,
posted on here a while ago about a parent who owes me money and i had taken them to court, won the case, but still not been able to get mony.

well, update is- on the 16th july the parent has to attend court for questioning. i knw what this means for them-they have to answer questions aout their finances and why they not paid, but i dont know what this means for me.
has anyone else been throu this? i dont know what happens after the questioning? does the judge make a decision how much she should pay? or do i STILL not get my money???

any help guys?
helen.
x

squiggle
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
someone else who is owed money!!

i am owed money from last july - have been to court, they ignored everything.

now doing an attachment of earnings - they have ignored that too.

it has now gone to her employers and they have until this thurs to reply.

i'm not sure what happens in your situation but surely they will be told to pay you something back.

i know she will have a ccj now but surely the more they ignore the worst it is for them and it will all be on their credit report.

i don't know how people can do it - i have never seen my debtor she never even turned upto court!!!

xx

sarahlou
06-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I am owed over 600 from one parent and now they have gone and made themselves bankrupt so have got no chance. I don't know how people can do that. It would pay for my holiday, im so angry and dissapiointed:angry:

rickysmiths
06-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear you tales ladies. It is horrible when parents leave owing money. It happened to me three years ago, twice quite close together.

Now I am ruthless. I take 4 weeks fees as a deposit when they sign the contract. This is kept until the end of the contract and pays for the notice period.

I am always paid in advance, pref monthly. It is also stated in the contrats that if they fall more than a week in arrears, the notice period immediately starts and in this instance it is only two weeks at the end of which, if all monies owed are paid in full I may consider contiuing the contract. If not the contract ends and any surplus deposit is forfited.

I have never had a problem since.

One parent has bounced a cheque and I have made it clear that if it happens again, she will have to pay cash.