PDA

View Full Version : bathing your own children while minding children

mozarella
06-07-2009, 03:13 PM
is there anything worng with this?

I have a 10 months old baby and when it was really hot last week I took the 2 other children in the bathroom so I could bath him as he was so sweaty and hot. The other children were playing with water toys from the side of bath and amuzing my LO.

Is this ok thougth? I mind children from 8.00 am till 7.00 pm and by the time the mindees have gone my LO goes to bed as he is too tired, I tried to bath him past 7.00 pm but it was a disaster.

miss mopple
06-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I dont see why not, as long as you are happy with it.

I often run my youngests bath and dunk her in it just before the last mindee goes home. If I didnt she wouldnt get to bed on time and I wont have work interferring with my own kids routine.

Baildon bears
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
There is nothing wrong with that, I bet the other children loved it. your child should not suffer because of your job.;)

Polly2
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I think it sounds fine as long as the other children are in the room - I bet they had fun splashing :)

mozarella
06-07-2009, 03:41 PM
yes, the other children loved it, playing with water and it filled the time a bit :blush: as when it gets to 6.00 pm I am uterly tired and them too, water play was great and then my baby was all set to go to bed when needed

sonia ann
06-07-2009, 03:50 PM
can't see any problems with that...it was your own son you were bathing and you were happy ....so no privacy issues .The other children were safe and having fun......so everyones happy:clapping:

Saranotts
06-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I think its a great thing to do and is what sets us as Childminders apart from Nurseries - real family life and a chance for children to join in normal family activities that they may otherwise miss out on.

Sara

georgie456
06-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I think its a great thing to do and is what sets us as Childminders apart from Nurseries - real family life and a chance for children to join in normal family activities that they may otherwise miss out on.

Sara

I agree :)

ORKSIE
06-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I agree with the rest, so long as your mindees are with you and safe where's the problem. I'm sure your DS loved having some playful company at his bathtime. Bet your Mindees love it too. Sounds like great fun:)