PDA

View Full Version : emergency contacts??

michellethegooner
06-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I have a mindee due to start tomorrow family have just moved here from yorkshire and we are going through contract this evening, I gave mum a copy to look at in her own time, now the problem is what do I do for emergency contact I usually take 3 emergency contacts as well as parents, but mum doesnt know anyone so we cant put down any.

Is this ok not sure what I could do in an emergency and couldnt contact mum or dad,

any suggestions???

Chatterbox Childcare
06-07-2009, 01:24 PM
I have parents plus one more. If parents cannot offer another one locally then take the grandparents. if there was a serious emergency at least you could give a name to social services who would be involved.

georgie456
06-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I have parents plus one more. If parents cannot offer another one locally then take the grandparents. if there was a serious emergency at least you could give a name to social services who would be involved.

Yeah I agree. Even if they are not local, at least you have some point of contact. Hopefully she will settle in to the area and be able to provide you a more local one in the future once she has made some friends.

sarah707
06-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Emergency contacts cannot be parents... in case they are in a car together and the worst happens.

They must give you another name. If it's Yorkshire so be it, but worst case scenario if the child is in hospital and parents can't get there, the emergency contact has to be prepared to travel down asap...

Hth :D