PDA

View Full Version : Signing for policies

Rach30
18-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Hello , i have just been reading the threads about how people get the parents to sign for the policies but do you have to ? I get them to sign permissions obviously but do they HAVE to sign policies

miffy
18-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I ask parents to sign a top sheet which lists all the policies they have been given a copy of and states that they have read understood and agreed all the policies

You don't have to do this but then there is no arguement later say if the child is sick because you have told parents what will happen in your policy and you have evidence that they knew this (obviously you can't make them read them)

Miffy xx

manjay
18-02-2008, 05:45 PM
There is a section on the NCMA contract that parents sign to say they have received copies of certain policies (I presume the English contract is the same) but I still have a sheet that lists all my policies and the parents are required to sign to say they have read and UNDERSTOOD them all

amanda xx

cherry
18-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes, I also have a sheet with a list of policies on for the parent to sign to say they've received them.

Cherry x

sarah707
18-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Read and understood... that's the key! Parents are unlikely to actually read any of them, so I also have a little precis booklet that points out the really important bits... like 48 hour exclusion for sickness and the tel number for the local safeguarding children board. :D

deeb66
18-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I used to get the parents to sign and return each individual policy but I felt like I was chopping down a rain forest everytime something changed.

I now just get them to sign a top sheet to say that they have seen, read and understood the policies listed.