PDA

View Full Version : What a storm!!

Jules27
06-07-2009, 12:15 PM
We are having a major storm right now, was lovely and sunny 1st thing so guess what , mindees don't have waterproofs - none of them!!! One has a fleece!!! The others are in shorts and t shirts!! I have spares for one of the littleones but nothing for the big ones aged 8 and 10 (they go to private school so broke up last week). School run is 2 hours away so hope its stopped by then!!!!!:mad:

RachelE
06-07-2009, 12:42 PM
We're having it too! dd not happy as Cbeebies keeps stopping!

It was supposed to be sports afternoon today - rescheduled from the heat last week! I picked dd up form pre-school, with all stuff for sports day picnic etc,and they'd cancelled again!

Its still raining here. Ds finishes at 3pm and I cant see it stopping! - we havent had any rain here for 2 weeks, so we need it! (would prefer it to come at night!)

Luckily I only have one mindee and her and dd can go under the rain cover :thumbsup:
- shame I cant go under it though!!

avril
06-07-2009, 12:49 PM
We had all that rain at approx 12.30pm so heavy garden pathways flooded next doors gutters over flowing not seen rain like it for a long time but only lasted 15mins if that and now all dry again :clapping:

Fingers crossed you don't get too wet at 3pm but don't send the rain back this way as I have to pick up ds at 3.30pm:laughing:

her8y
06-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Weve just had a spattering of rain. I love a good storm so please send them this way!

Mollymop
06-07-2009, 01:24 PM
We have had a few showers but no big storms. If they are coming this way I hope they come after the school run!

I have found that the older the child the less the parents think about waterproofs and changes of clothes. I always think about the heavy summer showers we have this time of year, so my own children get kitted out before school in the mornings - suncream, sun hats, bottle of water and a raincoat/umbrella!! It is so changable at the moment.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I am in the west and we just had a downpour - too strong to even get the washing in.

On the plus side the kitchen door was open and the floor is now clean!! :laughing:

sue m
06-07-2009, 02:27 PM
We have had a few showers but no big storms. If they are coming this way I hope they come after the school run!

I have found that the older the child the less the parents think about waterproofs and changes of clothes. I always think about the heavy summer showers we have this time of year, so my own children get kitted out before school in the mornings - suncream, sun hats, bottle of water and a raincoat/umbrella!! It is so changable at the moment.

Hope you didn't get too wet flower but I suppose you did with it raining at this time! :mad: And thundering too! I love it but I wouldn't if I had to do the school run!!!! x

georgie456
06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
We had some big rain today too - and one mindee turned up in just a t-shirt with no kind of coat or jacket :angry:

Luckily another minder offered to run him to pre-school in her car. I would have lent him a spare jacket but he refused to wear pink (only my dd's would have fitted him!)