PDA

View Full Version : Accident form or existing injury form?

MissTinkerbell
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi

Not sure which form I need to fill in. Mindee arrived with daddy this morning and fell off the step grazing her knee BEFORE I opened the door but within her contracted hours (dad running late).

I opened door to tearful child and took her from dad, cleaned her up and put on plaster and gave some TLC.

Now I'm not sure which form to fill in. Do I fill in existing injury form as it happened when she was still in the care of daddy or do I fill in an accident form because I treated the injury because dad had to get off to work as he was late?

Thanks

rickysmiths
06-07-2009, 11:32 AM
I think as you cleaned the graze I would fill in an accident form but put Dad as the witness and that you did not see the accident happen as it happened before they knocked on your door. The time of the accident will be recorded as earlier than the time of arrival in you register.

Hope the mindee is feeling ok now.

MissTinkerbell
06-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks - that was what I was thinking as I'd cleaned up the injury.

She's OK now. Fast asleep although will have to waker her for lunch soon.

sarah707
06-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I agree with Ricky!

Also don't forget to note any first aid you did ... it's a requirement of the Eyfs.

Hope she's forgotten all about it when she wakes up :D

MissTinkerbell
06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Filled in the accident form. She'd forgotten all about it by the time we woke up. Mum signed accident form when picked up and all OK now.