PDA

View Full Version : Easter eggs

jaz
18-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Do you guys buy easter eggs for the little ones you look after, I had considered it, but wasnt sure if it was the way to go or not :panic:

What do you do / think?

J
x

miffy
18-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Yes I do - I look round for the best offers in the supermarkets but have always bought them an egg each

Can't say anyone's ever bought me one though :laughing:

Miffy xx

miss muffit
18-02-2008, 04:33 PM
same here...i always buy the little ones one ...mind you they never even say thanks its almost expected

LittleMissSparkles
18-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I got some form tesco's other day for £1.09 and they are the medium sized ones not tiny ones great value i though and theres 2 bags of mini eggs in each one :)

charleyfarley
18-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I must admit I tend to buy them a cheapish book instead of an egg as they normally get loads.

I'm a mean mom never ever bought any of my own children an egg either, they always get a present.

Will be doing an egg hunt though with them all

Carol xx

jaz
18-02-2008, 04:49 PM
OK I think i will check out prices and see what bargins I can find - do you think the small ones would be ok for them?

jaz
18-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Also do you need to ask the parents permission about this, or do you just go ahead and give it to them?

LittleMissSparkles
18-02-2008, 04:52 PM
OK I think i will check out prices and see what bargins I can find - do you think the small ones would be ok for them?

I think the children would love any size I only got the medium ones as they were really cheap at tescos, parents dont usually mind really :) but i never ask them xxx

miffy
18-02-2008, 04:54 PM
I usually check with parents that it is OK and make sure the mindee can have one (no allergies or anything)

Those from Tesco sound a good buy Susan I must take a look

Miffy xx

fionamal
18-02-2008, 04:58 PM
I dont buy Easter Eggs as kids tend to get enough sweets and chocolate at Easter from family. I normally get then a kit to make. This year I have got them "Decorate your own Plate and Mug". Parents tend to appreciate something like that more. I still have Easter Egg hunts as well with the little kinder eggs and they all get to take one each home with them.

LittleMissSparkles
18-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I usually check with parents that it is OK and make sure the mindee can have one (no allergies or anything)

Those from Tesco sound a good buy Susan I must take a look

Miffy xx

seen the same size elsewhere for £2 + each so were a good buy, maybe I should ask the parents !:rolleyes:

Hopscotch
18-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Yes i have bought some for the kids, i got a special deal little buckets with pingu, bob the builder and thomas, they only have little mini bits of chocolate and things like stickers, and mini eggs they looked really nice they were £3 each and buy 2 and get 3rd free. I got mine from martins its a newsagesnts.
I can understand that if you look after a lot of kids it could get quite expensive but as i just have 2 full timers and my own son it doesn't cost me that much.
Bev X

Lou
18-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes i always buy the mindees an easter egg, i do the same as Bev and buy the ones that are on offer, normally 3 for 2.

manjay
18-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I must admit I tend to buy them a cheapish book instead of an egg as they normally get loads.

I'm a mean mom never ever bought any of my own children an egg either, they always get a present.

Will be doing an egg hunt though with them all

Carol xx

I am with you on this one Carol. I don't get eggs for my children and most of my family get them a little tiny something. I will probably get something crafty for mindees

amanda xx

littletreasures
18-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I usually do, but when I was at mindees house last week, I saw some eggs from last year, so I'm going to get them something different this year.

The plate and mug seems a good idea.

Jules

Twinkles
18-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I buy them for my lot. Sainsburys have got decent size ones for 99p this week.

Cammie Doodle
18-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Yes we always buy eggs for ours (usually what on offer. Tesco have bogof just now on childrens eggs) June and Carolyn

Schnakes
18-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I didnt used to, but will this year...easier than thinking of something imaginative!! And balls to my Food Policy! Heh!!! :laughing:

Sx

ruby
18-02-2008, 07:29 PM
yes we usually do
they are on offer at asda for £1.00 for the medium size ones

Trouble
18-02-2008, 07:32 PM
medium ones 99p at sainsburys

last year i had ones made with their names on(£38.00:eek: ) but this year it will be from sainsburys, i have them already bought a job lot, but for the babys asda has some nice quite cheap little teddies:clapping:

deeb66
18-02-2008, 07:39 PM
I usually buy easter eggs every year for the kids

I have never asked the parents permission first but then I do give them to the parent in a carrier bag and ask them to give them the egg on over the weekend from me.

For all I know the kids may never get them.....I do hope that they do.

if a parent asked me not to buy them then I would of course respect their wishes.

nannysue
18-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I buy mine something other than a chocolate egg, this year they are having a book each. I got some lovely pop up ones a while back when the shop was having a sale £7.99ech down to £2.99 couldn't miss out on a bargain like that.
I think they have enough eggs from family. Sue x

Monkey1
18-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I will be looking for the bogof ones!

louise
18-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I got my mindee one last year. Only a small one. The Mum said to leave it here so he could have the odd treat when at mine as he had loads. This year i might do mini egg hunt. My son found small roary and in the night garden eggs in woolies 2 for a £1 so i thought those and maybe some tiny eggs that you normally get bogof on will do.
lou

jaz
19-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Thannks for all of the ideas and comments, I think I will go and find some eggs for them all.

J
x