PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, can I pick a few brains for some activity ideas please?

Willowdancer
05-07-2009, 09:12 PM
My newbie is starting tomorrow - rather sooner than planned as it was meant to be Friday, so I've had no time to sort out any activity planning. I haven't done any so far as I've only been doing school runs up until now :o

Anyway, she's 18 months and I'm having her for a full day twice a week so will have Tues/Weds/Thurs to sort other things out but I'm stuck for tomorrow.

We will be going to the park at some point as I can't use my garden (not registered at the mo as there was a huge pile of building rubble in it until very recently) so anything that involves that is out but I'm open to all ideas at the moment.

Thanks!! :)

sarah707
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Spend time offering activities she might like and working her out.

Over the first week or so just play and watch and listen and talk to parents... then you will be able to come up with ideas for next steps that will stretch and interest her.

Hope it goes well :D

Willowdancer
05-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks Sarah :)

I am a very lucky girl as a friend is emigrating later this month and has given me an enormous pile of baby equipment and loads of toys, so I'll be able to drag some of them out and see what she likes :thumbsup:

angeldelight
06-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Oh yes def get to know her this week and let her settle in

Hope it goes ok

Good luck

Angel xx

miffy
06-07-2009, 06:58 AM
I agree too - lots of time just playing with her and watching what she likes to do/play with.

Enjoy.............

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
06-07-2009, 07:10 AM
I agree with all the above. One of the things I do with new ones is hand and foot prints. Then I do them every Christmas and put them on Christmas cards for the parents and put them in the childrens learning journeys.

katickles
06-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Hope you have a good day getting to know the lo :)