PDA

View Full Version : Had my inspection on Friday

sophiestars
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM
As the title suggests, i had my inspection and got a GOOD. I'm pleased with that although I am left wondering what more I could do to get outstanding!!!

The inspector was very nice, she said some lovely things including :- she couldn't believe I have only been minding for 4 months as I looked so well established and knew what I was doing, my paperwork was all well above what was required (in a good way!), it was the best PRI (post-registration inspection) that she had ever done and my snack time was the best she'd seen for a long time lol!! She also said she had never seen anyone do individual risk assessments for the children which surprised me.

The only thing I think she wanted more of was observations in my learning journals. The reason there aren't so many is that I write up every single thing as a proper obs with refs to learning grid, next steps etc whereas she said I didn't have to do it for every one, i could just have an additional sheet of paper with post-its on it with small obs on their own without the next steps.

She also said I had alot of 'unique selling points' such as my toy choosing board (laminated photos of all my toys for the children to choose from as I don't have a playroom where everything is accessible all the time) and the same for snacks, etc etc. I think she is one of the ones who doesn't give newbies outstanding but she said I was at the higher end of good and outstanding was well within reach next time.

Can't complain as I am happy with my 'GOOD' but it does make you wonder about consistency as my friend who didn't do half of what I have done thinks I would have got outstanding with the inspector she had.

Glad to get it over with and look forward to hopefully doing even better next time.

Also I have to say I would NEVER have done it without all the advice and fantastic ideas on this forum (and of course Sarah's SEF ebook!!) I am so glad I found you!!!!! Thank you very much xx:jump for joy:

ORKSIE
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Very well done on your grading, i got a Good too. My inspector said if she lived in the area she would use me as her CM:eek: So why did she not give me "outstanding" So I can totally see where you are coming from. Well next time I will be Outstanding, this is my goal.

sarah707
05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Congratulations! :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

I am happy that the e-book helped :D

marian
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Well done you!:clapping: :clapping:

Marian x

Polka Dots
05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Well done :)

singlewiththree
06-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Well done.

I've felt the same since my inspection. I've been really deflated all weekend. Like you she praised me very highly but then gave me two outstanding areas where I feel I could have gotten more. The recommendations she gave me were the two areas of outstanding and not the ones that were good. I'm going to go through my report and see what it says, when it comes.

sonia ann
06-07-2009, 05:36 AM
congratulations ....sounds really good:clapping:

huggableshelly
06-07-2009, 06:32 AM
well done to you :clapping:

emler
06-07-2009, 06:33 AM
well done :thumbsup:

angeldelight
06-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Congratulations

:clapping: :clapping:

Well done

Angel xx

Roseolivia
06-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Well done:clapping:

miffy
06-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Well done you!!!!!

Miffy xx

katickles
06-07-2009, 07:44 AM
It sounds likme you are doing fantastic - well done:clapping:

Ripeberry
06-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Well done!:clapping: Can i just ask you about the photos for food?
So do you have pictures of each type of fruit, biscuit or sandwich and then the (non-verbal) child can choose what they want for lunch...is that right?

Playmate
06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Well done :clapping:

MissTinkerbell
06-07-2009, 11:34 AM
As the title suggests, i had my inspection and got a GOOD. I'm pleased with that although I am left wondering what more I could do to get outstanding!!!

:

Thats great news - congratulations. Know how you feel as I was told exactly the same.

Be pleased with your Good and you'll probably find that once you get your report it says far more about your services than a "good" does.

Well done again

mayberry
06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
well Done :clapping: :laughing:

Dawn xx

Tatjana
06-07-2009, 05:50 PM
YAY! :jump for joy: Well done you, that's brilliant news, you got some lovely comments too!

xx

sophiestars
06-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for your messages everyone

Ripeberry - yes i have taken a picture of each type of snack i provide. For example I will put a couple of whole strawberries on a plate next to some chopped up ones (so the little ones can recognise the whole and chopped versions) or breadsticks, rice cakes all types of fruit and also veg such as carrots, cucumber etc etc then take a picture of them and then on the computer add the text of what it is.

I then laminate them and stick them onto the snack board with blue-tack so they are interchangeable. I can fit 8 on there which is enough choice i think! I just put on the board whatever I have availble in the house at the time.

When it is coming up to snack time I show the children the board and they each choose one snack. Even the little 15 mth old I had during my inspection was able to point to what she wanted. The snacks are then shared between all the children. So they also get to try things that they might not have chosen themselves. eg little bob always chooses banana but because jim has chosen orange and bill has chosen breadsticks they all share and bob gets something different than just banana. The inspector loved the idea. And also because one of the children chose easily choppable strawberries the children chopped them up which she also liked. She said it was really inclusive.