PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions and Apology!

Bex1
05-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Firstly I am sorry I have not been on here recently...things be chaotic and then I went down with 'hand, foot and mouth disease' so had to shut setting down for week..anyway (touch wood) I am germ free now :o

I am doing my quaterly newsletter and am stuck for things to go in it! So far i have brief statement about the swine flu letters I have had to send out which are the ones being sent by schools too apparently! I didnt want parents to panic that my setting had swine flue so explained that our local council are asking all childcare settings to send out standard letter! I also put about returning my parent questionnaires! I also put note to remind parents to check my diary dates on newsletter as I have holidays coming up and also to tell them not to forgot to give me 4 weeks notice of their holidays! No parents have told me about holidays yet even though schools break up soon!

I have put about training days I have been on and also to remind them about sun protection (again!) and also to read my notice board as on one looks at it :(

I cant think of anything else...any help or ideas much appreciated!

sonia ann
05-07-2009, 11:54 AM
also included a reminder in mine about providing changes of clothes/swimwear/sunhats etc for my holiday children as their parents aren't as geared up as my pre-schoolers and they get soaked in the garden in the summer and often have no changes:)

sarah707
05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Make it a shorter newsletter than normal and do it double line spacing! :laughing:

Get the download from free downloads on here about sun safety if there is a heatwave and use some of the bits from that :D

RedDragon
05-07-2009, 01:04 PM
If payments have been on time you could say thank you for that.

Say what you have planned - I usually say the theme this month is....if anyone can send in resources that will help/enhance.

Write in the holiday dates so parents have them to hand.

FizzysFriends
05-07-2009, 01:23 PM
school holiday dates, birthdays, a bit about where travelling ted is going if you have one?

Bex1
11-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi, thanks all! Do you all still do themes? I went on a Obs, assessment and planning course and was told that we are not supposed to do themes and topics anymore! The people on the course who work in foundation units and nurseries also told me that Ofsted have told them to not do long term planning with themes!!

I am so confused :panic: