PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else as daft as me with business side

singlewiththree
04-07-2009, 04:14 AM
My mindee is currently shared with another minder. His schedule is
Mon- daddy
Tue-Thur - other minder
Fri - Me

This week I had him all week as his minder was on holiday.

Next week his minder is back then her contract ends.

The week after he is back with me for 2 weeks then its the school holidays and he is with his mum until sept when he is coming to me Tue-Fri.

I think its a lot of swapping and changing for a 14mth old so offered next week to have him for free all week. My mum thinks I'm mad. Its just money obviously is an issue as she is already paying the other minder next week but I just feel I would prefer the LO to stay here and get him fully settled before the school hols. I've also arranged that mum is to bring him in the last week of the hols to get him re-adjusted.

Do you do daft things like that for your mindees or is my mum right and I am mad?

peanuts
04-07-2009, 06:45 AM
i think you are mad doing it all for free. i can see where you are coming from though. you cant go back now and charge anything if you have said it is for free but if it happens again i would charge at least 1/2 to full fee.

Lick'le Oakes
04-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Bless you, :panic: I can see your kind thoughts behind this but I know I am mad with my buisness and charging but a whole week for free:eek: you must REALLY enjoy your job:D

sonia ann
04-07-2009, 06:57 AM
I know where you are coming from....I minded 2 little boys and they grew up here together. When they went to school they didn't see each other anymore . One comes in the school holidays but the other doesn't so I invite him to play once a week in the holidays for free so they get to see each other....they love it:)

Zoomie
04-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Free for a whole week, I do think you are daft ! :blush: , but do get where you are coming from.

Regarding school hols though, I would rather suggest that mindee comes weekly, even for just an hour, cos 5 weeks is a long time.

miffy
04-07-2009, 07:18 AM
I understand where you're coming from and I like to do lots of settling in visits for a new child especially if they're young but this child already knows you so I don't think I would have offered a whole week for free.

Too late now though :( Good idea to have him the week before the schools start back.

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
04-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I know where you are coming from....I minded 2 little boys and they grew up here together. When they went to school they didn't see each other anymore . One comes in the school holidays but the other doesn't so I invite him to play once a week in the holidays for free so they get to see each other....they love it:)

June and I used to look after a little girl, and on a Thursday we used to have 5 girls aged between 2 and 4 between us. One of them left and we all miss her so once in a while (not every week - due to numbers) she comes back to play (for free)- she came last Thursday and they had a great time in the paddling pool! :clapping:

TheBTeam
04-07-2009, 08:11 AM
I can see where you are coming from, but i think if the child had been with me for the holidays i would have offered to make it easier to do next week free if need be, but dont think i would given that he will have a break for 6 weeks anyway and that in itself is going to set things back a bit, think i would have left it!

What a lovely heart you have!

sonia ann
04-07-2009, 08:23 AM
June and I used to look after a little girl, and on a Thursday we used to have 5 girls aged between 2 and 4 between us. One of them left and we all miss her so once in a while (not every week - due to numbers) she comes back to play (for free)- she came last Thursday and they had a great time in the paddling pool! :clapping:

it gives them such lovely memories doesn't it:)

Chatterbox Childcare
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Experience tells me that parents generally do not show us loyalty.

This is a wonderful gesture on your behalf and you have put the famiily first. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt you

The mindee is lucky to have you.

Mouse
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM

This is a wonderful gesture on your behalf and you have put the famiily first. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt you

The mindee is lucky to have you.

I agree. It's a lovely gesture, but in this job it seems the more you give, the more you get taken for granted. I hope the mum truely appreciates what you have done and doesn't try taking advantage of your very generous nature.

miffy
04-07-2009, 06:49 PM

I agree. I hope you don't get taken advantage of.

Miffy xx

beckyteddy
05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I would have considered doing the same....I resent it when a parent expects me to do something without asking properly or offering to pay properly, but you have offered to do this from the kindness of your heart and I think you must be a lovely, honest person to have seen the benefit that this would have for the child. And to be honest even if that parent doesn't fully appreciate how generous you have been (although lets hope she does!) I'm sure the little one will in ways that money can't show.

sonia ann
05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I would have considered doing the same....I resent it when a parent expects me to do something without asking properly or offering to pay properly, but you have offered to do this from the kindness of your heart and I think you must be a lovely, honest person to have seen the benefit that this would have for the child. And to be honest even if that parent doesn't fully appreciate how generous you have been (although lets hope she does!) I'm sure the little one will in ways that money can't show.

:clapping: :clapping: